• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

STEVE HARVEY THE RIGHT PICK FOR FAMILY FEUD ?

I've seen a few of the new "Family Feud" with Steve Harvey hosting. He seems to be lost in the
woods. A deer in headlights. Is he is best they could find?

I wasn't too crazy about John Hurley either. He seemed to be too pompas.

He seems to be doing a good job. Too bad the bullseye round was removed.

Speaking of Steve Harvey, would anyone believe that he looks a bit like late Richard Pryor? Seriously, with the same skin tone and similar hairdo (when Steve had hair), he really looks like he could be Richard Pryor's son!

I saw Family Feud this week and thought Steve did a credible job. He seemed to be familiar with the game and had great interactions with the families. Much better than Drew Carey over at TPIR!!!

In a word: yes.

Personally, I enjoyed Karn, O'Hurley and now Harvey for the same reason--they all look(ed) to be having fun and simply being themselves. Unique as each personality was, it was allowed to come through. Anderson was interesting--I didn't really pick up whether he was enjoying it or not. Could be I just don't relate to his style.

I think Steve Harvey is a great fit for the show. He seems like a modern-day, urban version of Richard Dawson at times. Maybe he's a little rough around the edges with the formatics at times, but he keeps the show moving and doesn't seem disconnected from the proceedings like Louie did.

I think that since the disaster that was Louie's run, each host has been progressively better. Ray Combs is still my favorite though, closely followed by Dawson.

Even though I liked O'Hurley (to be honest I started watching the show since '08), I think Steve Harvey's the best host so far! He brings in the humor for the show.

musicman3355 said:
Even though I liked O'Hurley (to be honest I started watching the show since '08), I think Steve Harvey's the best host so far! He brings in the humor for the show.

What was wrong with Richard Karn? I thought he was great!

Karn gave me the creeps, the way he would throw his arms around all the female contestants. A little too touchy-feeley for me.

You must never have seen the then elderly Richard Dawson lay a kiss on just about every female contestant...

Harvey's presence reeks of irony as "the relationship master" and "family expert" is being taken to the public woodshed by his soon to be ex wife.

"Show me....'The Money!'" (ka-CHING) lol

I can't even tell you what station carries "Feud" around here (I think it's either on MyNet affiliate WUAB/43 or CW affiliate WBNX/55), but I did see that infamous "pass around" clip on YouTube.

Steve really milked that for what it was worth. Looks like he's doing a good job! He's probably the best possible host for the 2011 version of this classic, certainly a better choice than Louie Anderson was.

He grew up here, after being born in West Virginia (he graduated from Cleveland's Glenville High), and according to his Wikipedia bio, got his standup comedy career started at a local comedy club...

Studio20 said:
You must never have seen the then elderly Richard Dawson lay a kiss on just about every female contestant...

A female friend of mine was a contestant on another show where Dawson regularly appeared when she was a young woman, and she tells me Richard did indeed "smooch" her...but he was a gentleman on and off camera.

She does not have the same report about Gene Rayburn, though...

Say what you want about Rayburn...he was good and didn't manage to upset his bosses. Dawson may have been a "gentleman" in public, but the whole stupid "refusal to smile" on the last couple years of Match Game 7x cost him a lucrative career.

It was just a personal anecdote from a friend who was on the show...brought up because it was brought up because Dawson was known (very much) for kissing women on camera, and I know a woman who was on a show with him. :D

rageradio said:
Steve Harvey isn't the right pick for anything.

Did you even watch any of the Louis Anderson Feuds? He makes Mr. Harvey look like a king!
I hope Louis is never hired to host anything ever again! It's scary enough he's rumored to be involved in an all new L&O SVU as one of the cops...

I started watching Feud not too long ago, and Steve Harvey is a great host! Lots of very funny moments on each show.

O'Hurley's also OK, Karn is so-so and Louie is awful. It seems like Louie just wants to read off the questions and answers and then just leave.

-crainbebo

I miss O'Hurley. I only watch FF now when there's absolutely nothing else on. And, the fact that it's double-run here, if I watched too much, I'll bump into a rerun much more likely.

Karn was okay; I think he let the contestants/bad answers play themselves off.

cd

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom