• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Status of 97.7 Marathon?

C

cd637299

Since the 104.9 Key West has been discussed....

Any idea what is to become of 97.7 Marathon? They went silent for many months; then recently, about 3 months ago, they were running parallel to 98.7 Conch Country in Key West, which was silly because WCNK has a decent reach to Marathon.

I suppose that was a way to keep the license alive. They, like 104.9, have 100kW authority.

Would an e-mail to Conch Country or US1 Radio (104.1, which has the same owners) yield the answer?

cd

It was.....but only for a little while. 97.7 hasn't been on air for over a month or two.

There was a dual ID at the time w/ 98.7 & 97.7.

You may know that WKYZ has been on 101.7 for about a year now, and simulcasting WFFG 1300. They are authorized 100 kW but are running only 50 I believe, per an employee there. Funny thing.... www.wkyz.com is still up, and hasn't reflected the changes from classic rock OR frequency.

I do not plan on being down there until next DX season in March, but maybe we will learn more about both 97.7 & 104.9 in the meantime.

cd

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom