• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Star 106.5

From All Access
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...o-s-buzz-flips-to-ac-as-star-106-5?ref=search

ENTERCOM Adult Hits KBZC (106.5 THE BUZZ)/SACRAMENTO is flipping to Hot AC as STAR 106.5 TODAY (12/9) at noon (PT). The station is targeting Adults 25-44 with artists including KELLY CLARKSON, DAUGHTRY, TAYLOR SWIFT, MAROON 5, LADY GAGA, NICKELBACK, BRUNO MARS, TRAIN, ADELE, COLDPLAY, and LIFEHOUSE and is debuting with 10,000 songs in a row, commercial free.
"You won't find any sleepy, tired songs," said Station Manager/PD DAN MASON. "Nothing too hard or edgy. And, there will be a lot of it!"

[Link added as a courtesy by Radio-Info.com]

KBZC now appears to clone Star 101.3 in San Francisco.

THANK THE LORD BABY JESUS!!!! Finally a station playing the exact same artists and titles that you can find on 8 other sources in Sacramento!

Off Topic: Hey Bob Whitten, thanks for the Youtube links at the bottom of your posts. I remember those commercials well; they bring back memories.

hammerpants said:
THANK THE LORD BABY JESUS!!!! Finally a station playing the exact same artists and titles that you can find on 8 other sources in Sacramento!

LOL! Reminds me of the KLSX flip in L.A. That's what L.A. needed, another Top40. ::)

Wasn't there a flap over the "Star" moniker before when 103.9 tried to use it? They eventually bowed to pressure and renamed as "Flash" 103.9. 94.1 in Nevada City has had the term "Star" in use for years already.

they are gonna do something completely different, play the same thing Now 100.5 plays

jhimbo said:
Wasn't there a flap over the "Star" moniker before when 103.9 tried to use it? They eventually bowed to pressure and renamed as "Flash" 103.9. 94.1 in Nevada City has had the term "Star" in use for years already.

Still is Star 94. They've added a couple translators, and laid off most their staff. I guess since they have more than one freuquency, they dropped the ".1". Except for their morning show, it just runs on satellite.

I do have to give KNCO-AM and FM credit though. They are rated higher in Sac than some local Sac stations. ;)

Entercom Sacramento is like that silly dog that goes round and round and round and round chasing it's tail! Great for a laugh time after time as the dog finally gets dizzy and falls down on the floor. What are they smoking over there?

So I am guessing that the purpose of switching KBZC to Star 106.5 Hot AC is to pick up the listeners of the now departed My 92.5?

DJBigOne said:
hammerpants said:

LOL! Reminds me of the KLSX flip in L.A. That's what L.A. needed, another Top40. ::)

They flipped a station with a high-priced staff and no ratings to a station with a much cheaper staff and much higher ratings... yeah, CBS/LA really screwed that one up. ::)

bobbybooey said:
DJBigOne said:
hammerpants said:

They flipped a station with a high-priced staff and no ratings to a station with a much cheaper staff and much higher ratings... yeah, CBS/LA really screwed that one up. ::)

Yeah, Booby, this board teems with would-be geniuses and wannabes.

How many times has Sacramento seen this same horse race between the 106.5, 107.9 and 100.5 or to put it in another way the three way race for the CHR crown? OK let's not forget the minor player's 103.5 and 102.5, a five way race.

If anything, KBZC's flip to Hot AC will help protect KDND, same thing with KZZO protecting KSFM. KHHM on the other hand has its own issues but at this rate they could benefit from this.

OK so any bets on how long 'til KNCO-FM serves Entercom a cease and desist letter? KNCO already uses Star and so does CC's KIOI in SF. Star is the best they could come up with? This feels like the Star 103.9 situation all over again.

bh

hammerpants said:

Wow, radio is really in trouble.

whonigs said:
OK so any bets on how long 'til KNCO-FM serves Entercom a cease and desist letter? KNCO already uses Star and so does CC's KIOI in SF. Star is the best they could come up with? This feels like the Star 103.9 situation all over again.

bh
There has been so many "Star"s in the radio business. I remember when there was two Star's in Stockton (KEXX-100.9 from 1994-95 and KJOY-99.3 from 1998-2002.) as well as another one in San Francisco/Santa Cruz Area (KSRY-98.9 + KSRI-99.1) in 1993 briefly. Isn't the Star name in the public domain? And isn't the Star that is KNCO more of a Traditional AC station than 106.5 which is Hot AC? How strong is KNCO-FM? Does it come in clear in Sacramento? Does it do well in the ratings in Sacramento at all? And how about KIOI? They actually came up with the Star name before KNCO. Using your theory, Couldn't CC serve KNCO with a cease and desist letter? I don't think so because KIOI doesn't serve the the foothill region that KNCO does. Any other thoughts from others here?

Madmansam said:
whonigs said:

bh
There has been so many "Star"s in the radio business. I remember when there was two Star's in Stockton (KEXX-100.9 from 1994-95 and KJOY-99.3 from 1998-2002.) as well as another one in San Francisco/Santa Cruz Area (KSRY-98.9 + KSRI-99.1) in 1993 briefly. Isn't the Star name in the public domain? And isn't the Star that is KNCO more of a Traditional AC station than 106.5 which is Hot AC? How strong is KNCO-FM? Does it come in clear in Sacramento? Does it do well in the ratings in Sacramento at all? And how about KIOI? They actually came up with the Star name before KNCO. Using your theory, Couldn't CC serve KNCO with a cease and desist letter? I don't think so because KIOI doesn't serve the the foothill region that KNCO does. Any other thoughts from others here?

I don't think CC has grounds to file any kind of cease and desist to KNCO and why would they want to?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom