• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SPIRITUAL MINDED RADIO

A

AJROK

Just in case U missed SPIRITUAL MINDED RADIO's
BLACK BUTTERFLY & DA ROK TUESDAYS-EPISODE 29- UNCONDITIONAL LOVE http://www.spiritualminded.podcastpeople.com/posts/38896
featuring music from Govenor, Mary J Blige, Detrick & Damita Haddon, Musiq Soulchild, Jonathan Butler, J Fraze, Willie Will, India Arie, 2Pac & More! Check it out & leave us ya feedback in da comment section!!!
--
Have A Blessed Day!
AJ ROK da professional hip-hop junkie
SPIRITUAL MINDED RADIO
da show with da sanctified swagga
http://www.spiritualminded.podcastpeople.com
Proud member of One Accord DeeJay Alliance

SPIRITUAL MINDED Da Movement, Da Magazine, Da Online Radio Show and Da Social Network For The Spiritually Minded! http://spiritualminded.ning.com

join the SPIRITUAL MINDED RADIO mailing list
http://SpiritualMindedRadio.fanbridge.com

Sorry Hoss, this board does not cater to the folk who listen to black gospel music.

salemjedi54 said:
Sorry Hoss, this board does not cater to the folk who listen to black gospel music.

I don't see how Mary J. Blige, Musique Soulchild, Indie Arie or 2Pac can be labeled as Black Gospel Music.

this is a religious/contemporary christian board.... we should be including all christian radio formats... not everyone listens to just ccm but i do also..

cough

If you follow the news coming from organizations that do opinion surveys in search of social trends, it is striking that over and over again studies talk about the American people claiming to be SPIRITUAL as distinctly different from people claiming to be CHRISTIAN or being RELIGIOUS.

I understand the posters who in response to the original post are trying to maintain the distinction that this BOARD is to be focused on traditional CCM directions. So I guess the question is: Is it proper to shoo the original poster away from "dedicated, sacred ground" or is it proper to engage the writer in conversation to see if there is some common ground between "Spiritual Minded Radio" and CCM radio.

cough said:
this is a religious/contemporary christian board.... we should be including all christian radio formats... not everyone listens to just ccm but i do also..

cough

It just seems to me that this board is all about CCM. I am the only one who mentions Gospel music.

salemjedi54 said:
cough said:

cough

It just seems to me that this board is all about CCM. I am the only one who mentions Gospel music.

I suspect that is due to the people who post, not any other factor. Sadly, those who run radio and radio-related things tend to like to put everything into neat little boxes. Old time Gospel music has a loyal and dedicated following, and the stations that play that music for those people deserve praise. But, truth be told, there's not much to "discuss" about them. I mean, how much discussion comes from, "I like Gospel music" followed by the reply, "So do I"? What's left to "discuss" after that?

Personally, I think the world would be a better place if Gospel music songs were integrated into regular CHR formats. When you tune in a radio station that features choirs singing, then those choirs are preaching to the choir, if you catch my drift.

Because we have an invasion of X-Love stations we still have a block of Sotuhern Gospel after church, Gospel on Saturday (yes, gospel means black music- it just feels like Twilight Zone to have to say that) and we have a tock block on a CCM station.

It took some time to get the board to acknowledge CCM. It used to be "religious". When I suggested CCM I was told to be happy we had a religious board. Then when new management took back over it changed. Thanks again.

We still get Klan material on our cars. And we are in Indiana. Why can't we all just get along?

This board is called Religious/Contemporary Christian. The "Religious" part of that title could apply to any religious radio format, even non-Christian ones. So even though I don't listen to Urban Gospel and have no interest in it, to be quite honest, it seems to me that the original poster has found the correct board to post their comments. Gospel music generally is divided into two categories, Urban (Black) Gospel and Southern Gospel (think the Gaithers, the Cathedral Quartet, etc). In my opinion, this board isn't limited to just religious music radio either, but religious radio in general, so religious talk/programming, etc, should also be welcomed. So Hoss (aka AJROK), from my perspective, I have to say, welcome aboard.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom