• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Speculation, Speculation...then what?

PonderPrincess

Inactive
Inactive User
Now we know that Chuck Brinkman, Larry Dixon and Ken Barnett are gone from their former respective posts due to "tweaking", "realignment", or whatever is the verbiage...I personally think it's due to crappola management. Who is this Peter Z anyway? Why doesn't he have a last name? Who is Nikki Nite? I could say what that sounds like but that would be too easy. Besides I'll give her the benefit of the doubt since she says Ken is a great guy. Chuck Brinkman will enjoy retirement, Larry Dixon will continue with his voiceover work and Ken Barnett will end up somewhere; hopefully in the D/FW area; not at KLUV like everyone is speculating. Debi Diaz will not be replaced because she's a woman and she appeals to the Hispanic audience.

Personally I think D/FW radio has gone to the lowest form lately...I'll just listen to my satellite radio!

> Now we know that Chuck Brinkman, Larry Dixon and Ken Barnett
> are gone from their former respective posts due to
> "tweaking", "realignment", or whatever is the verbiage...I
> personally think it's due to crappola management. Who is
> this Peter Z anyway? Why doesn't he have a last name? Who
> is Nikki Nite? I could say what that sounds like but that
> would be too easy. Besides I'll give her the benefit of the
> doubt since she says Ken is a great guy. Chuck Brinkman
> will enjoy retirement, Larry Dixon will continue with his
> voiceover work and Ken Barnett will end up somewhere;
> hopefully in the D/FW area; not at KLUV like everyone is
> speculating. Debi Diaz will not be replaced because she's a
> woman and she appeals to the Hispanic audience.
>
> Personally I think D/FW radio has gone to the lowest form
> lately...I'll just listen to my satellite radio!

Yowsah, yowsah. People such as Larry Dixon and Ken Barnett--people with true talent--will always have a place to go and a job waiting. The losers and do-nothings who let them go will have no backup. When the corporate bozos above the local bozos find someone else to fire personnel and put broadcast properties in ruin for less money, those flexing their muscles wielding pink slips will be out the door with zero promise of a tomorrow in their future. Couldn't happen to more deserving individuals.

Larry and Ken are emblematic of the good that exists in radio. Big business management can only be used as a bad example.
>

> > Now we know that Chuck Brinkman, Larry Dixon and Ken
> Barnett
> > are gone from their former respective posts due to
> > "tweaking", "realignment", or whatever is the verbiage...I
>
> > personally think it's due to crappola management. Who is
> > this Peter Z anyway? Why doesn't he have a last name?
> Who
> > is Nikki Nite? I could say what that sounds like but that
>
> > would be too easy. Besides I'll give her the benefit of
> the
> > doubt since she says Ken is a great guy. Chuck Brinkman
> > will enjoy retirement, Larry Dixon will continue with his
> > voiceover work and Ken Barnett will end up somewhere;
> > hopefully in the D/FW area; not at KLUV like everyone is
> > speculating. Debi Diaz will not be replaced because she's
> a
> > woman and she appeals to the Hispanic audience.
> >
> > Personally I think D/FW radio has gone to the lowest form
> > lately...I'll just listen to my satellite radio!
>
>
> Yowsah, yowsah. People such as Larry Dixon and Ken
> Barnett--people with true talent--will always have a place
> to go and a job waiting. The losers and do-nothings who let
> them go will have no backup. When the corporate bozos above
> the local bozos find someone else to fire personnel and put
> broadcast properties in ruin for less money, those flexing
> their muscles wielding pink slips will be out the door with
> zero promise of a tomorrow in their future. Couldn't happen
> to more deserving individuals.
>
> Larry and Ken are emblematic of the good that exists in
> radio. Big business management can only be used as a bad
> example.

Posts like yours and Ponder Princess sum it up very well. Too bad management on the local and esepcially the national level are not reading it,and if they are they are ignoring it. You see they are in charge and they know more than you. They feel that advertisers who don't live here should be appeased,and the same holds true for their cooperate board. The ycan easily write the losses of on their taxes. So what do they care? If Peetah and Nikki fail,they fire them and get someone else in who will do exactly the samething that the previous Pd's have done. The problem is not necessarily the pd's here,but the so call VP's of Programming and their superiors. There is one part timer salivating at all this shakeup thinking in a few months they will move up. Funny thing they won't,because out of town talent is on standby in the wings.When you worked for many years in this business you find out things from others who work for the same co. in other markets. The bottom line is the bottom line some will argue and the other lame cry is Radio is a business. Yeah true,but their is a correct way to do business, and an easy cheap way of doing it that is killing the very same business.They chose the later.2006 is just begining,and already it looks gloomier in regards to DFW radio. Have you noticed the skyrocketing subscriptions to Sirius and XM lately? Have you seen the sales firgures of radio falling? I have and the radio execs still don't get it.
> >
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom