• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Special music for Halloween

I meant to post this yesterday and forgot to come here. I didn't hear any Veterans Day songs, and I didn't listen to WNAM yesterday, but I have heard "God Bless the U.S.A." by Lee Greenwood, "America the Beautiful" by Ray Charles and "Ballad of the Green Berets" on other Veterans Days if I was in the car at the right time.

And of course, the instrumental medley of the songs with the words "into the wild blue yonder", "anchors aweigh", "from the halls of Montezuma" and "caissons go rolling along".

Those would be the anthems or hymns of the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Army, respectively.

WRCH Hartford, which should be in Santa mode any day now, played patriotic selections throughout the day yesterday, including Canadian broadcaster Byron MacGregor's recitation "The Americans."

Those would be the anthems or hymns of the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Army, respectively.

WRCH Hartford, which should be in Santa mode any day now, played patriotic selections throughout the day yesterday, including Canadian broadcaster Byron MacGregor's recitation "The Americans."
That reminds me. I think the station that played those songs I listed in various years had a speech by John Wayne.

Can't forget the all-time Thanksgiving song right? "Apple, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie" from 1967.
I love Pumpkin Pie this time of year!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom