• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Speaking of Z90, Listen Live is back

Z90 is streaming once again, as is Magic925 for the first time since leaving the CC chain. They appear to have made some kind of agreement allowing them to use Liquid Compass.

Also, I noticed one sweeper where Z90 is actually calling itself, "Z90.3" now.
I wonder if a new logo is in the works?

Or maybe it was an isolated thing?

> Z90 is streaming once again, as is Magic925 for the first
> time since leaving the CC chain. They appear to have made
> some kind of agreement allowing them to use Liquid Compass.
>
>
> Also, I noticed one sweeper where Z90 is actually calling
> itself, "Z90.3" now.
> I wonder if a new logo is in the works?
>
> Or maybe it was an isolated thing?
>
There trying to cause confusion with 9-3-3 and 90.3. Or they are getting ready to change to Da Bomb 90.3 or Wild 90.3 or whatever...

> > Z90 is streaming once again, as is Magic925 for the first
> > time since leaving the CC chain. They appear to have made
> > some kind of agreement allowing them to use Liquid
> Compass.
> >
> >
> > Also, I noticed one sweeper where Z90 is actually calling
> > itself, "Z90.3" now.
> > I wonder if a new logo is in the works?
> >
> > Or maybe it was an isolated thing?
> >
> There trying to cause confusion with 9-3-3 and 90.3. Or they
> are getting ready to change to Da Bomb 90.3 or Wild 90.3 or
> whatever...
>

Huh?
How could saying "Z90.3" in any way be confused for 9-3-3?
Do you have any firm evidence for that claim?

Also, are you by any chance the same person as Magic91derful?
Just a coincidence, I suppose...

It's all about the diaries. We know that listeners do not listen as intently as we do. If Z-90.3 can get an extra quarter hour or two away from 933, they will succeed. Granted, at 16 years, Z-90 has been the same or very similarly formatted, and only a handful of stations (KGB, KyXy, 91X, etc) have been around longer. It's just good programming and a typical RT mindploy.

> It's all about the diaries. We know that listeners do not
> listen as intently as we do. If Z-90.3 can get an extra
> quarter hour or two away from 933, they will succeed.
> Granted, at 16 years, Z-90 has been the same or very
> similarly formatted, and only a handful of stations (KGB,
> KyXy, 91X, etc) have been around longer. It's just good
> programming and a typical RT mindploy.
>

Except that I only heard "Z90.3" once, and I think it may have been an artist drop, which I often find are not accurate.

I'm not sure I agree about the formats, it seems like Since 1991, I've heard several different types of CHR on the station, and I'd have a tough time saying that they sound anything like they did in the early 90s. As for the name "Z90," they've been Z90 since at least 1998, if not longer.

> I'm not sure I agree about the formats, it seems like Since
> 1991, I've heard several different types of CHR on the
> station, and I'd have a tough time saying that they sound
> anything like they did in the early 90s. As for the name
> "Z90," they've been Z90 since at least 1998, if not longer.

We'd have to get into formatic semantics when we discuss the direction of Z-90 over the years, but I think we can generally agree that it has always been a rhythmic derivative at any given time. Whether the competition was XHRM (for two months), Q106, or 933, Z-90 has always been the most rhythmic when placed next to its rival (don't know about XMOR).

Z-90 goes back much earlier than 1998. It was Z-90 when it was a rock format in the 80s. Jammin' Z-90 was born on April 16th, 1990. Crusty Bob will remember the day better than I will. Kimo Jensen was the first morning guy, Bob did news, Karen Harlow (Cha Cha) did middays, Jeff Davis was the afternoon guy, and I don't recall who was in the chair at night when they flipped, but it was a combination of Gnarley Charlie, Jacko, and Jason G. shortly thereafter and for the first few years. Q106 was still Murphy & McKeever, Anita Rush, JoJo, Chuck Cannon, Gail Hunter, Elvis Medina, Frankie Blue, and Karen Kay at that very same moment in time.

> Z90 is streaming once again, as is Magic925 for the first
> time since leaving the CC chain. They appear to have made
> some kind of agreement allowing them to use Liquid Compass.
>
>
I will say this.....Liquid Compass seems to have improved much in terms of sound, and lag time between the actual broadcast and audio since they lost Clear Channel as a client (They now handle Entercom, plus smaller chains including Finest City).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom