• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Spanish Religious on 100.5 Murfreesboro

I guess there was a sale of one of the WGNS translators recently because I discovered something different on 100.5 than on 1450...Should this hold, we now have three Spanish religious stations in the market, with 1130 and 100.5 being more like Spanish versions of The Fish or Way FM or K-Love and 900 being more like a Spanish version of Moody Radio or American Family Radio.

Can anybody else shed some light on what went down in the 'Boro?

I guess there was a sale of one of the WGNS translators recently because I discovered something different on 100.5 than on 1450...Should this hold, we now have three Spanish religious stations in the market, with 1130 and 100.5 being more like Spanish versions of The Fish or Way FM or K-Love and 900 being more like a Spanish version of Moody Radio or American Family Radio.

Can anybody else shed some light on what went down in the 'Boro?

WGNS is coming through on 100.5 here in the 'Boro. .

You're probably hearing this station:

http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?list=0&facid=191680

Licensee is IGLESIA MISHKAN LUGAR DE ADORACION. LPFM located north east of downtown Lebanon. .

Maybe there is more to this story.

My memory is that a number of years ago, WGNS in Murfreesboro was something of a "poster child", the legal pioneer and when the FCC granted a FULLTIME AM station a translator, The Game Was ON for AM stations across the country to expect to be granted a similar arrangement. So why would they give it up?

Currently they seem to be licensed on TWO translator frequencies... both operating from the same location. So, are they going keep them both? Does one cover an area in one direction and the other receives interference in that direction? Are they in feat that a full-power FM might file for something that would shut one of the translators down?

My memory is that a number of years ago, WGNS in Murfreesboro was something of a "poster child", the legal pioneer and when the FCC granted a FULLTIME AM station a translator, The Game Was ON for AM stations across the country to expect to be granted a similar arrangement. So why would they give it up?

Currently they seem to be licensed on TWO translator frequencies... both operating from the same location. So, are they going keep them both? Does one cover an area in one direction and the other receives interference in that direction? Are they in feat that a full-power FM might file for something that would shut one of the translators down?

Doubtful, considering 100.5 is the higher powered of the two translators they own (250 watts @ 66m HAAT), while the other translator, W270AF 101.9. is only 55 watts at 40m HAAT.

They're back...and yesterday there were some English CCM tunes in the mix...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom