• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

South Florida FM Dial 1966

Got my first FM radio in September 1966 a Bradford from W.T. Grant for my birthday. I still have it but it doesn't work very well. The list is from what I remember. If you don't see a station on this list it might have been too weak to get to my radio or it hadn't come on the air yet!

FM
91.3 WTHS Educational
93.1 WKAT Classical
93.9 WGOS Country
93.9 WAEZ Beautiful
96.3 WGBS-FM Beautiful
97.3 WIOD-FM Beautiful
99.1 WEDR Variety (block programmed)
99.9 WWOG Religious
101.5 WWPB Beautiful
103.5 WWIL-FM Simulcast WWIL
105.1 WVCG-FM Simulcast WVCG
105.9 WFLM Adult Music, Showtunes, Beautiful
106.7 WFTL-FM Simulcast Adult Music Classics, Beautiful

Got my first FM radio in September 1966 a Bradford from W.T. Grant for my birthday. I still have it but it doesn't work very well. The list is from what I remember. If you don't see a station on this list it might have been too weak to get to my radio or it hadn't come on the air yet!

FM
91.3 WTHS Educational
93.1 WKAT Classical
93.9 WGOS Country
93.9 WAEZ Beautiful
96.3 WGBS-FM Beautiful
97.3 WIOD-FM Beautiful
99.1 WEDR Variety (block programmed)
99.9 WWOG Religious
101.5 WWPB Beautiful
103.5 WWIL-FM Simulcast WWIL
105.1 WVCG-FM Simulcast WVCG
105.9 WFLM Adult Music, Showtunes, Beautiful
106.7 WFTL-FM Simulcast Adult Music Classics, Beautiful

Interesting. At one point WAEZ call letters were on 97.5 in Akron, Ohio from 1974 till January 1, 1985 with a "Beautiful Music" format. Saw the listing and was thinking "Hmmm, those call letters sound awfully familiar." It now has a "Classic Rock" format and is known as WONE-FM.

Got a few others:

WMJR 100.7 Beautiful
WAEZ 94.9- Beautiful
WMBM-FM 93.9- Simulcast WMBM

WMJR wow, should have remembered that one, later to become WHYI. I had a typo on WAEZ it was as you have here 94.9. As for WMBM-FM it was WGOS and playing Country by the time I got my radio.

WMJR wow, should have remembered that one, later to become WHYI. I had a typo on WAEZ it was as you have here 94.9. As for WMBM-FM it was WGOS and playing Country by the time I got my radio.

I once heard an brief aircheck from WAEZ (pronounced Ways) but it didn't mention the Deauville. It sounded like the announcer kept the record going because they played 2 Lawrence Welk tunes back-to-back. Could have been the first two-for-Tuesday!

There's still at least one terrestrial station in America that still does the B/EZ format the same way it was done 50 years ago, KAHM 102.1 in Prescott, AZ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom