• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sound DJ's.

Have any of the sound DJ'S found any work yet? Just asking.

Yes they're all working with the California Economic Development Department.

I actually used that one on my Government Security clearance and the Investigator fell for it. Still questioned my work as a Doctor/Surgeon from Ohio though...

I would think that KLOS would be wise to adopt the classic rock format. An LA version of q1043 which is a softer version of the format would do very well for them. No one wants to hear the new meathead rock, certainly not in Los Angeles. With KRTH so 80s focused, the mix of the classic rock staples along with some of the softer songs that q1043 plays would be ideal. While I enjoy the crazy varity of the ride out of North Carolina, I know that doesn't get ratings with so much unfamiliar music. WAXQ has found a nice balance, it could work well in LA.

I would think that KLOS would be wise to adopt the classic rock format. An LA version of q1043 which is a softer version of the format would do very well for them. No one wants to hear the new meathead rock, certainly not in Los Angeles. With KRTH so 80s focused, the mix of the classic rock staples along with some of the softer songs that q1043 plays would be ideal. While I enjoy the crazy varity of the ride out of North Carolina, I know that doesn't get ratings with so much unfamiliar music. WAXQ has found a nice balance, it could work well in LA.
Oh yes Q1043 and WAXQ playing the most VARIETY. I would say most people from Southern California have never heard of these Stations and never will?

I know, the word variety is a stretch for q1043 but in the world of commercial radio in a major market they are about as good as it gets. They play the lighter Elton John, Billy Joel songs that I think compliment the ACDC, Zepplin etc classic rock staples. I think that KLOS has a situation where they could do a very similar type of take on the classic rock format. I got to say that I enjoyed the DJ's that were on the sound. They complimented the format. It would be nice if some of them could be added to KLOS. It would just be the added spice on a revamped KLOS that would own the classic rock format in LA.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom