• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Soul 73 Gone Gone Gone

adub

Inactive
Inactive User
Hyman has let the entire staff of KKDA 730 AM go. Willis, Roger B, Wolfman, Cindy B, the whole shebang. Automation equipment received last week. What ya think he'll do now.

Where have you heard this?

Is anyone on the air right now? I guess we will see if later tonight if Roger B DOES NOT do his evening show.

salemjedi54 said:
Big Bob Wilonsky just posted this......

First WBAP letting Mark Davis go a few weeks ago and now this. It's a shame what happened to radio in what was a very good market. KKDA Soul 73 was about the only music station I listened to (that and KKXT). When I was still in radio, much of our staff at KQZY were fans of Soul 73, Cuzzin Lennie in particular and, of course, the Crooner.

With another one of my favorites now effectively gone, my TSL on KTCK will go through the roof.

Da Wolf seams is safe as well. But man this is a bummer. Even Chuck Smith is gone. It would have been a race riot if Willis/Alecia would have been let as well.

Having worked with Hyman many years ago in Dallas when he was a salesman, his true character did show even back then. A good man to work with, who did what he said he would. No doubt, today's choice was not easy for anybody involved, however, survival of AM, much less low power directional, and even less at night, probably left almost no options. Someday maybe LPFM might be of help, in the meantime, the electric company wants theirs now. Hats off for trying to keep mornings live.....and even that will more than likely be a tough pull.

A truly sad day in Dallas radio..I hope the former airstaff ends up elsewhere in the market or doing something online, as these folks deserve better...Hyman is laughing all the way to the bank this evening I bet

Also, whomever told Corby Davidson at the ticket that joking about this situation would make great radio needs to have their ass handed to them..here's hoping he's next..

You could probably attribute this to PPM, but not in the way you think. The FM has been struggling a bit since PPM came town and it's revenue is probably what kept the AM afloat...till now.

Nightpattern said:
You could probably attribute this to PPM, but not in the way you think. The FM has been struggling a bit since PPM came town and it's revenue is probably what kept the AM afloat...till now.

I'm sure that is a true statement. I wonder how many paid spots were actually run on AM.

Bobby Patterson needs to be hired as a live and local DJ elsewhere. He's a one of a kind legend. If you've not heard any of his classics for Jetstar Records or Paula Records, and you love classic R&B and Soul, you need some of these superb tunes in your record collection or CD collection. Sundazed Records has re-released the Jetstar classics on CD, don't miss.

Looks like this will lead to a format change somewhere along the way-having your entire staff leave and automating [on a non-Jack/Bob station] is a good sign something's going to flip. Sad.

-crainbebo

Kent T said:
Bobby Patterson needs to be hired as a live and local DJ elsewhere. He's a one of a kind legend. If you've not heard any of his classics for Jetstar Records or Paula Records, and you love classic R&B and Soul, you need some of these superb tunes in your record collection or CD collection. Sundazed Records has re-released the Jetstar classics on CD, don't miss.

KSOC...Maybe

crainbebo said:
Looks like this will lead to a format change somewhere along the way-having your entire staff leave and automating [on a non-Jack/Bob station] is a good sign something's going to flip. Sad.

-crainbebo

Not really, Its a compliment to KKDA-FM and KRNB

salemjedi54 said:
Kent T said:

KSOC...Maybe

That's where I was thinking Salem. Especially like a weekend specialty show.

bucwhyl said:
salemjedi54 said:
Kent T said:

KSOC...Maybe

That's where I was thinking Salem. Especially like a weekend specialty show.

It would have to be a down home blues show. Maybe him and RL Griffin can host it. That would be a blast.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom