• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Songs With The Elements

This thread was such a smashing success on the Classic Hits board that I thought I would try it here too.

Can you think of any songs with the elements (air, water, fire, earth) in the title or even artists.

This one doesn't have any of the elements in the title or the artist's name, but it has all of them in the lyrics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYW50F42ss8

(at least, all of them that were known as of whenever in the 1960s this was written. He did cover his tracks by being sure to mention there might be more than had not been discovered...)

Silkie said:
This thread was such a smashing success on the Classic Hits board that I thought I would try it here too.

Can you think of any songs with the elements (air, water, fire, earth) in the title or even artists.

What about elements on the periodic table?
Love is like Oxygen - Sweet
Gold - John Stewart
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Nickel Song - Melanie
Neon Rainbow - Box Tops
Silver Bird - Mark Lindsay
Mercury Blues - Steve Miller and others
Platinum Blonde Life - Gwen Stefani

Windy - The Association
Moody River - Pat Boone
Fire - Crazy World of Arthur Brown
Earth Angel - The Penguins

Those are all really good picks, and all involve either air, water, fire or earth.

The Air That I Breathe - The Hollies
Black Water - The Doobie Brothers
Light My Fire - Jose Feliciano
I Feel The Earth Move - Carole King

Share The Land--Guess Who
We'll Sing In The Sunshine--Gale Garnett
Buy For Me The Rain--Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Goldfinger--Shirley Bassey

Silkie said:

Sing A Song - Earth Wind & Fire

Let's make it harder , first word of title and in order specified by Silkie...

Air Mail Special - Ella Fitzgerald
Water On The Ground - Eric Clapton
Fire And Rain - James Taylor
Earth Boy - Elvis

Merry Christmas to all... 8)

Three more from the periodic table:

Silver Threads and Golden Needles -- Linda Ronstadt
Tin Man -- America
Heart of Gold -- Neil Young

Do these work--

She's My ROCK
ROCK Me Baby
WATERloo

Listing every song mentioning "rock" is obviously silly, and rocks might not even qualify as elements on their own merits, since rocks are formations resulting from the fusion and collusion of elements. Did I just say that? ???

They all work - even though they are from the periodic table, they are either earth or water, rocks, gold, silver, tin, all of 'em.

Air For The G String - Apollo 100
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Chariots of Fire - Vangelis
Earth Angel - The Penguins or The Vogues

Some "elemental" performers:

Iron Butterfly
Tin Tin
Andrew Gold
Silver Convention
Curved Air
The Waterboys
Firefall
Rare Earth
Pacific Gas and Electric

Solid Ground -- Stevie Wonder
Solid (as a Rock) -- Ashford & Simpson
Rock Me on the Water -- Jackson Browne
His Latest Flame -- Elvis Presley

Fresh Air - Quicksilver Messenger Service (I ripped it off from the News/Talk board and added the rest of the artist's name).

Don't Go Near The Water - Beach Boys

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom