• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Song ID? "Rock like the ocean..."

W

westlife

I was listening to the background Muzak at the mall today when they played a mellow AC-ish song in which the first line of the chorus was "rock like the ocean". Can anyone ID this song? A Google search of that phrase didn't come up with anything. It sounded like a song from the '80s or early '90s, and I think it was a male/female duet but I'm not 100% sure. It was probably one of the album tracks or obscure non-hit songs that Muzak likes to play on its "Foreground Music One" (FM1) channel.

Aside from this mystery song I heard them play Matchbox Twenty/"If You're Gone", The Honeydrippers/"Sea of Love", and what sounded like a late '90s Janet Jackson song. On a previous occasion they were playing mostly '80s/'90s pop music and then suddenly threw in Lynn Anderson/"Rose Garden" and I said to myself, "wow, an AC station on the radio wouldn't pull off a thing like that!"

Hey, I don't need no XM, Sirius, or iPod... just give me a subscription to Muzak FM1!

<P ID="signature">______________
noiboc.jpg
</P>

> I was listening to the background Muzak at the mall today
> when they played a mellow AC-ish song in which the first
> line of the chorus was "rock like the ocean". Can anyone ID
> this song? A Google search of that phrase didn't come up
> with anything. It sounded like a song from the '80s or
> early '90s, and I think it was a male/female duet but I'm
> not 100% sure. It was probably one of the album tracks or
> obscure non-hit songs that Muzak likes to play on its
> "Foreground Music One" (FM1) channel.
>

Perhaps Toad the Wet Sprocket's "Walk on the Ocean"?

> I was listening to the background Muzak at the mall today
> when they played a mellow AC-ish song in which the first
> line of the chorus was "rock like the ocean". Can anyone ID
> this song?

There is a song from late 1979/early 1080 by Jennifer Warnes called
"When the Feeling Comes Around." In the chorus is a line, "it's like the rockin' of the ocean, like the rollin' of the sea.."

It's a very soft AC and I sometimes play it..but it's not that well known.

Memories Radio..
www.live365.com/stations/alanmccall</P>

Re: Song ID? "Rockin' of the ocean..."

> There is a song from late 1979/early 1980 by Jennifer Warnes called
> "When the Feeling Comes Around." In the chorus is a line,
> "it's like the rockin' of the ocean, like the rollin' of the
> sea.."
>
> It's a very soft AC and I sometimes play it..but it's not
> that well known.

That sounds like it! Muzak plays a lot of songs like this: songs which sound like they could've been decent radio hits, but for one reason or another have either been forgotten or were never played on the radio in the first place.

noiboc.jpg
</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom