• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Song ID Question

We've got a listener who keeps requesting a song I can't seem to ID. He claims it's called "Alright, OK, I Love You" and is performed by Die Windows (The Windows?). He says it was popular in 1973.

I've searched high and low, and can't find anything even close to this. I've tried googling the lyrics, I've searched Amazon, the JonesTM online search and the RPM music database.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

R

Alright Now - Free

Baby, I Love You - Andy Kim

Baby I love You - Urethra Frankiln

I Love You - People

Baby I Love Your Way - Frampton

"Alright, Okay, You Win" by Peggy Lee...from 1959. Peaked at #68

What he is looking for, obviously was not a hit, since his title is not even listed in Whitburn's Hot 100 books.

oldies76 said:
What he is looking for, obviously was not a hit, since his title is not even listed in Whitburn's Hot 100 books.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, but thought I'd ask around. Funny thing is, this guy says he's heard us play this song in the past ???

Oh well...

Thanks!

R

I don't believe it. I've never heard the song, but it's playing right now on thw WHYL stream at 7pm Sat.

amfmsw said:
I don't believe it. I've never heard the song, but it's playing right now on thw WHYL stream at 7pm Sat.

I wonder where they obtained it ???

R

Guess that's about as close as it gets. Thanks amfmsw!

R

Nancy Wilson, Ella Fitzgerald in the 60s, and recently Bette Midler have done it, too. Nothing around 73, though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom