• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SOMETHING?

Hello everyone. This may or may not be nothing? I was listening to my (Sandisk) MP3 Player which also has an FM Radio. The radio, if the station has an (EXCELENT) signal, it will show the name of the station, [as well as the name of the song that is playing (as long as the radio program isn't Syndicated)-it will show the name of thye song as well].
While changing the station, I landed on (105.7). Guess what it is showing? It is showing (WTKK). As soon as I land of the station, after about 10-15 seconds, it will show (Example:"KISS 108, Boston's Hit Music Station" ) as well as the name of the song, either both or the (name of the station with that saying "Boston's Hit..." ) will scroll across the screen for (as long as you set the display to light up-on mine, the screen can light up-if I want to read it-the display will stay on up to 2 minutes. I set mine for one minute)
Anyways, after I landed on 105.7, it showed (WTKK). After about 15 seconds, it showed like this "WTKK-WROR Boston's Classic Hits"
This may or may not mean anything?
If you all have an HD Radio, it might, or might not show "WTKK"
I don't know?
Are there any rumers or have any of you heard anything regarding 105.7 to change formats to Talk?

Also, om a side note. While I was around Alston/Brighton area, near St Elizabeth, Hospital, I was trying to listen to (Touch 106.1) I started in Kenmore Square area. Their signal was bad, but I can still hear it. As I got closer to St Elizabeth Hospital, I changed the station, instead of using the Prset Button, I used the (Up/Down) button, when I landed on 106.3, it was a strong signal, as well as it showed "WMJX" I then proceded to 106.7. When I landed on 106.7, their content was a few seconds ahead of 106.3. What's up withj this? What does? Magic 106.7 also has 106.3?
Thank you all for your time

I would highly doubt 105.7 would change to talk, and the WTKK calls are now down in N. Carolina I believe. Some HD radio (portables) and mp3 players with radios will show past call letters like
"WMKK" on 93.7 (in fact I think one mp3 player I have, the radio part says "WMKK: Sports Radio WEEI" or something.

This display of call letters, etc. is some kind of RDS deal. When I rented a car in Mississippi I would see "W--- The Best Country" or "Miss.'s Talk Station" etc on the display. Sometimes even song titles.

WTKK was at 96.9 not 105.7. If it says WTKK it's some kind of glitch

If you get an HD portable you might find stuff like that (song titles) and if you're near enough to their Peabody stick, you'll get Funkytown on WEEI-FM-HD2. I do, here in Beverly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTKK
>>WTKK (106.1 FM), known as "106.1 WTKK, More Stimulating Talk Radio", is a talk radio formatted radio station that serves the Raleigh-Durham market of North Carolina. It is owned and operated by Clear Channel Worldwide. WTKK currently airs the Rush Limbaugh Show and Coast to Coast AM, along with shows hosted by Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Todd Schnitt.

http://www.1061fmtalk.com/main.html
"106.1 FM WTKK"

There has been work going on at the Pru today, and many of the stations there have been running on their backup transmitters. Whenever WROR runs on their FM128 backup, the RDS PI code they send out is WTKK. I'm sure this was just a simple mistake by their engineers, and is rarely noticed since they almost always broadcast from the Pru. There is also no HD on the FM128 backup transmitters.

'mI not so sure Matty is the be all end all for Kiss. I think they would continue to do just fine after him. Kiss just has a reputation for good hit music. Amp will do better though. I agree with that and TJ and Lauren are an excellent choice for morning.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom