• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Something strange on The Bull

ClarkKent

Inactive
Inactive User
Driving home today I heard the Bull playing Rodney Atkins' "If You're Going Through Hell," but it started at a MUCH slower tempo than usual. It sped back up, gradually, to around normal tempo by the time it hit the second line of the chorus.

2 questions...Why would this have happened, and if it were on purpose, why would you do that?

The radio monkey had the song playing at the wrong speed!

:D

Freebird Fantasia said:
The radio monkey had the song playing at the wrong speed!

:D

Absolutely someone kicked in the delay... these days every station has to use it. It's funny, "Kicks and Eagle" just got delay units a little over a year ago. All that time without a "F" bomb going over the air - NICE!

Absolutely someone kicked in the delay...[/quote]

not necessarily: you can ramp in and out of delay without it being (very) noticeable...it takes a few minutes
(especially during music)...but it shouldn't change the pitch/tempo.

I'm guessing a bad conversion from wav to NexGen

The default settings on most of the catchup delays are such that in a music format you'll hear them. I've not played with NexGen (didn't like the demos) but it won't play .wav files???

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom