• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Something “New” for WMEZ-FM

Hearing ads here and there for something “new” on 94.1 WMEZ-FM. I haven’t seen anything on radioinsight.com so who knows. Any guesses?

Hearing ads here and there for something “new” on 94.1 WMEZ-FM. I haven’t seen anything on radioinsight.com so who knows. Any guesses?
First I'm hearing about it. Will do some digging. I do see they are still playing Christmas music though.

Guess Cumulus wanted to find a way to flank or protect their siblings in both Mobile and Pensacola. Now listeners have their choice of R&B/Hip-Hop WBLX, Rhythmic CHR WMEZ, Adult R&Bs WRRX and WDLT, and Top 40/CHR WABD to choose from.

Last song on “Soft Rock 94.1”: “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree“ by Brenda Lee.
First song on “Hot 94.1”: “Loving on Me” by Jack Harlow.

Guess Cumulus wanted to find a way to flank or protect their siblings in both Mobile and Pensacola. Now listeners have their choice of R&B/Hip-Hop WBLX, Rhythmic CHR WMEZ, Adult R&Bs WRRX and WDLT, and Top 40/CHR WABD to choose from.
I wonder if some of the existing listeners will crossover from ‘BLX since it’s not far from the two frequencies

I wonder if some of the existing listeners will crossover from ‘BLX since it’s not far from the two frequencies
Depends on how and where they’re targeting the audience. BLX is mostly focused on Mobile and the African American community while Hot is concentrated on Pensacola and a younger multicultural base, especially around the military base area.

Back
Top Bottom