• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SmoothJazz99.com

Sorry for the (rather large) delay in answering your post. I honestly didn't see it until now.

I had to shut down SmoothJazz99.com rather abruptly earlier this year due to some unforeseen circumstances... and focus my free time on my main internet station.

However, even though the SJ99 website is still active, I'm going to be re-launching the station as something else in the near future. I never liked how restricted I felt with the "Smooth Jazz" in the name of the station. I'm from the old school of radio, and positioning and branding are important to me. So, hopefully within the next month or so, my new project will be public. Those of you who are familiar with what I was doing on SJ99 know that I was trying to present the music in a way that the old "NAC" stations did. But I would cringe when Michael Tomlinson, Everything But The Girl, Enya, Jim Brickman, etc were played after a liner that said "SmoothJazz99.com."

Anyways ... I'm excited to do it again ... this time with more thought on the station name and positioning.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom