• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Smooth 98.7

Hello Alicia and welcome to the forum. ;D Been listening to you for a few years now on WSJT. Like Horns said, you are one of the best djs on radio.

Congratulations on your new gig hosting middays on Denver's Smooth Sound, KKHI. :)

Jazz_Kat said:
Hello Alicia and welcome to the forum. ;D Been listening to you for a few years now on WSJT. Like Horns said, you are one of the best djs on radio.

Congratulations on your new gig hosting middays on Denver's Smooth Sound, KKHI. :)

I agree. So if CBS wants to save this station in this new format(?) why aren't they VT'ing major market talent like Jhani Kaye (for instance) evenings and overnights?

Young Guns said:
Only Josh would know how to spell his last name correctly. I would have thought it started with an "N."

Anyone reading WSJT's web site would know how to spell Josh's last name.

(And yes, Alicia...you are correct. I am not Josh.)

someone ealier made mention that this is a "major market" and the talent should be better and so on. Markets are ranked on people NOT the talent on the radio or tv ;D. One has nothing to do with the other sadly. Visit some top 5 markets and take a listen....blaaaaah. That's been that way for 20+ years.....

riggie

Ms Music Radio, I'm not sure I am getting your angle.
I am a major-market talent, before I did my 16 years here at WSJT, I was in Detroit and Houston with stops at the legendary 96TIC-FM in Hartford, Tampa once before at Q-105 doing mornings and mid-days, I did mornings in Honolulu-hosting, and mornings in Austin (where I started after graduating form the University of Texas in Radio TV and Film, in the College of Communication).
What exactly is your background in radio? ???

Jazz_Kat said:

Thanks Jazz Kat...!
I am enjoying the Denver gig and will be flying out to help with some of their events.
Genuine Jazz at Copper Mountain is their big Smooth Jazz Fest in June and they have the Winter Park Jazz Fest, I'll be there as well.
Steve Hamilton is a great guy over there.

Aliciavoice said:
I am a major-market talent, before I did my 16 years here at WSJT, I was in Detroit and Houston with stops at the legendary 96TIC-FM in Hartford, Tampa once before at Q-105 doing mornings and mid-days, I did mornings in Honolulu-hosting, and mornings in Austin (where I started after graduating form the University of Texas in Radio TV and Film, in the College of Communication).

Thanks for posting your resume. Like many of us appears you too have stock in Allied Van Lines.

Aliciavoice said:

I am not being clear. I think Alicia is a major market talent. My comments are about going jockless after 7PM. I just think they could at least VT somebody in that time. Jockless is a Cox thing. I have no background in radio other public relations for government agencies that brought me into contact with radio. I never meant to offend anybody except whomever wants WSJT to sound like a Cox property .

[/quote]

Thanks for posting your resume. Like many of us appears you too have stock in Allied Van Lines.
[/quote]

That's funny! I wonder, do radio stations still pay to move people?

MsMusicRadio..thanks for clearing that up, sorry for the confusion. :-[

Aliciavoice said:
MsMusicRadio..thanks for clearing that up, sorry for the confusion. :-[

And thank you. I grew up with stations like WABC and WMCA (hence my name) and this robojock thing just doesn't sound "right' to me. I know there are budget problems, but at least Q105 has somebody at night, even if they are from Detroit. I think JT sounds authentic like an old time WMCA "Good Guy".

I am hearing we may have someone at night soon. But I am the last to know anything around there.

Aliciavoice said:

In a few of my moves ownership said they would pony up. However, have known many who had a permanent U-Haul hooked onto their bumpers.

BIGRIGGER said:
someone ealier made mention that this is a "major market" and the talent should be better and so on. Markets are ranked on people NOT the talent on the radio or tv ;D. One has nothing to do with the other sadly. Visit some top 5 markets and take a listen....blaaaaah. That's been that way for 20+ years.....

riggie

Most of us have worked here (in a major market) does that make us "major market talent"? Good point Riggie.

When I went online at 9AM, YAHOO had Dixie Carter's passing as front page. At about 4:20PM, WSJT announces it as "just in". Is this VT'ing too early and playing it too late? Hate to pick on WSJT, but I don't know any Eagle one liners at the moment.

They should be live on the weekend, and yes, I also read that earlier this morning.
But come on, it's Dixie Carter,may she rest in peace, it's not like we are talking about the President here.
For someone who picks on WSJT as much as you do, you sure listen alot! ;D

I can second Alicia's comments about nights on the old 94.1 WSJT. I thought George Nix sounded great in that time slot. I remember one tropical storm years ago, power was out but the radio was on. Trying to relax, I listened to 94.1 for hours, listening to George who had sort of a "holding your hand, getting through the storm together" attitude. He kept listeners updated on the weather, had a great easy style, great night-time radio. You don't get that by going "jock-less" or VT-ing.

Okay, let me put a couple of things out there... I am not a "production guy." I am a radio professional that has 25 years of experience. I have done mornings in Charleston, WV, Oklahoma City, Huntsville, Pittsburgh, and even Akron, Ohio. I have worked at stations like WZOU in Boston and Pirate Radio in L.A. I have done Talk, Country, 80's, Top 40, or whatever format the station wanted that day. I have for the most part, loved my career. Just the people that think thay know it all can get you down. As you might have noticed, full timers are getting sacked left and right. Some of them are my friends. But they are not anxious to come to work for a station at a part time rate of pay. I know I am not the worlds greatest jock, but I do know from experience that I am not the worst. I am just happy knowing that I am live AND local. I don't know how long that it will stay that way, but I am staying for as long as I can. In this day and age that stations take talent away, let's be happy that CBS is still putting on live talent. So if God forbid there is a catastrophe, I will be here to warn people about it! And BTW MissMusicRadio, I have been live in the WSJT studio from 1-7 today. My actual break was, " I just saw this on the internet..." not "This just in..."
I have given you my name and my cirriculum vitae. Let's see if you will be brave enough to give yours!

Josh Knauer

Aliciavoice said:
They should be live on the weekend, and yes, I also read that earlier this morning.
But come on, it's Dixie Carter,may she rest in peace, it's not like we are talking about the President here.
For someone who picks on WSJT as much as you do, you sure listen alot! ;D

I actually like the station

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom