• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Slacker, pandora, last fm

I subscribe to slacker radio. I Tried Pandora and last fm. I am unable to understand why the are changing the sound of the original songs 50's 60,s some 70's and even 80's Does anyone like that? or know why they are doing that? I AM afraid to listen because it angers me. one example is Diana ---Paul Anka It doesn't even sound close to the original version. And Crystal Blue Persuasion is awful sounding. is there anything that can be done about this? oldies are gone no matter if they stop playing them or changing the sound! that's it! oldies are gone forever!!!

Complain, but expect no improvement. Once in a while, LastFM has the "correct" version.
I'm sure glad I kept all my 45s and albums, but I must give credit to some slacker services filling in missing gaps with
correct versions. Just remember, "Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed".

JohnnyOhJohnny said:
I subscribe to slacker radio. I Tried Pandora and last fm. I am unable to understand why the are changing the sound of the original songs 50's 60,s some 70's and even 80's Does anyone like that? or know why they are doing that? I AM afraid to listen because it angers me. one example is Diana ---Paul Anka It doesn't even sound close to the original version. And Crystal Blue Persuasion is awful sounding. is there anything that can be done about this? oldies are gone no matter if they stop playing them or changing the sound! that's it! oldies are gone forever!!!

There not changing the sound....there playing re-recordings, that drive me crazy when a station plays the non- original recording. There are a couple of possibilities why your hearing these. It could be a royaltie issue....or they prefer or bought some stores going out of business 1.59 CD selections , or you have a 15 year old music director. I've listened to Pandora...and stopped listening immediately when I hear these. I don't know why there so popular myself...it's just Americans are sheep and continue to jump on the trend wagon to nowhere. (Alittle philosophical )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom