• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sirius 9 Live or not?

sdol

Inactive
Inactive User
I was just wondering if anyone knows if Sirius 9 the pulse is live or taped? I assume with the lack of phone calls or any other listener interaction it's taped. Is that right?

Also does anyone know what music stations are live on Sirius?

I don't have actual knowledge, but here are some factors to show that parts of it, at least, are certainly voice-tracked ahead of time.
1. Two jocks are on seven days a week.
2. The evening jock (6pm- midnight) does a live, local AM drive show in New York City.
3. The former outcue for the music minute at the bottom of the hour used to be, "at the bottom of the hour, give or take a minute." Sometimes the clock would really drift, and the music minute would be heard as early as :15 after or as late as :45 after.
4. The morning jock also does an evening shift on one of the Sirius country channels.

The Pulse 9 is voicetracked. Sirius Hits1 is live at certain times, so is The Elvis Channel 13, Classic Vinyl has a live am show, Sirius Gold has a live afternoon show with Norm N Nite, 60s Vibrations offers Cousin Brucie live on Wednesdays and Saturdays, there may be a few others that have live shows. Most are voicetracked. :)

Most of the Sirius Music Channels are voice tracked. The 70s Channel's Magic Matt records his morning show from his house in Encino, Ca. and JJ Walker records his nightly show from his home studio in Miami.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom