• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sine System RFC Parts

FYI

With Sine Systems now out of business, and without any known support, I recently found the chips needed to repair Sine Systems Remote Facilities Controller. Jameco Electronics has most of the logic chips needed for repair. The parts ordered came quickly and worked well. The total cost for the repair was around $10. The web address is: www.jameco.com

David Cox
Richmond KY

Re: I have a RFC-1 B that wont hang up the phone line ?

Would you tell what prob you had an what parts you changed and do have a diagram I am waited for Kevin hes the Armstron FM eng that works on these he was out for the week so my unit is outof service til I can drive back to Atlanta Ga 640 miles to replaced the parts if your fix fixed my prob realy thanks for your help if you can or just for parts locatons Allen

Re: I have a RFC-1 B that wont hang up the phone line ?

Hey I am just back from Atlanta . I put in a Trach phone with an X-link to work a Sine Systems RFC-1 B remote control and it all works well . I think what is hard to understand for me is that I pick up the trim line phone I have out there and get a dial tone ,on a cell phone

The X-Link is a Bluetooth device that emulates ("changes") your cellphone into a land-line type device, so you get dial-tone when you pick up your Trimline phone. Just dial out normally on the Trimline, as if it were an old analog home telephone, and you can connect to the outside world. Similarly, incoming calls (and your remote control dial-up) via the cellphone are converted by the X-Link into "touch tones" that the RFC-1B can understand. To access the RFC-1B locally, after you pick up the Trimline handset, just push the tiny silver button on the front of the rack panel and the dial-tone will go away, and the remote control will announce itself to you placing itself into local control mode. You may then proceed to take readings or operate functions locally, after which you simply "hang up" and the RFC-1B will return to remote control mode.

My firm services Sine Systems equipment, along with many other types of gear. We have a good stock of parts needed to repair the Sine gear.

We service everything from mic processors all the way up to rebuilding and retuning 50 KW AM and high-power FM transmitters here in our shop.

We are currently providing factory-level support for Omnitronix AM transmitters and Harris SX-series and MW-1 AM transmitters. Our stock of replacement module, rebuilt assemblies, etc, for these units is good and growing. We currently have several solid-state AM transmitters in stock, for sale, to be sold tuned to your frequency.

Please contact me privately if we can help you out.

Mike Patton
Michael Patton & Assoc
Baton Rouge, LA
225-752-4189
www.michaelpatton.com

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom