• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Simmons

Simmons Multimedia owns 6 stations that serve Northeast North Dakota, Northwest Minnesota and Southern Manitoba. Four of the stations are based in Langdon and two are in Grafton, ND. They also have studios & offices in Morden, Manitoba (no transmitters north of the border, but a sales & programming presence).

Ownership is local and you'll be pretty much free of the nit-picky micro-managing that prevails at many small market stations.

Pay is decent for a small market and Langdon is a nice small town. But be prepared to have to drive if you want to go to the mall or eat fast food besides Dairy Queen.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Dave

I visited Langdon a few times and met Bob Simmons.

KDNK AM back then was full service country on the AM and AC satellite on the FM. They seemed hugely successful and as far as their on air product, they were truly one of the finest small market stations I ever heard. Bob's morning show was pretty much major market quality.

It seemed to me they honored on-air content and quality equally with selling advertising. I got the impression you did not want them as a competitor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom