• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Signs of the AM Apocalypse

Why does it sound like a Graveyard, But it sounds like a lot of people talking

Graveyard 13~Ten (KIHP) used to have its sticks in the Mesa Cemetery, but they moved because that land was needed for other long term (ummm) purposes.

Ancient Modulation can sound like crap at night because of skywave interference from other stations on the same frequency. Before the FCC loosened restrictions that prevented so much interference, AM at night wasn't as bad as it is today. Now it's like those damned yellow and lime green rent-a-bikes that are left lying on the ground all over the place - chaos.

It aint gonna change as Ancient Modulation continues its descent into the tar pit of irrelevance. But at least you can count on Nurse Jeff and me to ask the all important question - "...is it raining frogs where you are?"

Exactly. Some revitalization, huh?

I guess the FCC would say that the translator makes the license more valuable, so it's revitalizing AM radio.

But I'm pretty sure that if they were offered a translator in exchange for turning the license in, most owners would take that deal and sell off the real estate.

Then again, I dropped out of the Media Hut for the Ron Braille School of Broadcast. ;)

I guess the FCC would say that the translator makes the license more valuable, so it's revitalizing AM radio.

But I'm pretty sure that if they were offered a translator in exchange for turning the license in, most owners would take that deal and sell off the real estate.

Agreed...but not some of the powerhouse AM's that have translators. KOA, WTMJ, KKOB, come to mind.

Then again, I dropped out of the Media Hut for the Ron Braille School of Broadcast. ;)

While we're not familiar with braille, we do offer a discounted rate to returning students. Unlike radio jobs, you can get pissed off and still come back 'cause it's you who pays the tuition. We just collect it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom