• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Seattle-Tacoma Radio Ratings: June 2013

You're right about the long term thing, but I'm wondering if that's true about KQMV? I noticed a huge shift musically in that station in about January, when the station started climbing. The power rotation at an hour and 11 minutes is still as tight as ever, but they've shifted away from more rhythmic product. If I was out of the market for a year or so, I don't think I would have recognized it, sounds like a totally different station musically with the same presentation and processing than it did a year ago. You're probably right about KCMS and KIRO-FM. CC isn't going to flip KJR-AM without a lot of thought put into it.

Those of you who think that having 750,000 songs in an active library should take note that the number one station in Seattle, Movin, has 124 songs in their active library.

The KJR - FM active library must not be very big, that station gets so repetitive after the first day you listen. Maybe that explains part of the reason why they are not up closer to KZOK in the ratings.

AQH said:
Those of you who think that having 750,000 songs in an active library should take note that the number one station in Seattle, Movin, has 124 songs in their active library.

True, but they'll have 124 different songs in their library by the end of summer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom