• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Scott Sams visiting CBS11?

> OUCH!!! THAT HURT !!!
>
===>
I'll bet.

No one said anything nice (or not) about Scott S's fill-in for Scott Wilder on the radio. After a rough couple of hours on Monday, by Friday he was great. Maybe he's going into talk-radio?!

> > OUCH!!! THAT HURT !!!
> >
> ===>
> I'll bet.
>
> No one said anything nice (or not) about Scott S's fill-in
> for Scott Wilder on the radio. After a rough couple of
> hours on Monday, by Friday he was great. Maybe he's going
> into talk-radio?!
>
First I heard about it myself...He'd be a great fill for either talk radio or even TV if he comes back. IMHO, I believe he's having the last laugh as WFAA has been floundering.

> OUCH!!! THAT HURT !!!
>

Sheesh, that other post was uncalled for. Sure, your ego issues are legendary, whether true or not, but I always found you to be very nice and always accommodating. I know I was warned far in advance to stay clear of you, but was pleasantly surprised otherwise. Sure, you're a "savvy" and "been there/done that" person, but you NEVER were unapproachable or ever mean or condescending to me. If something comes through for you at Channel 11, I think there'll be a nice ratings surge initially, but it's all up to you whether these new folks stay around. I believe you still have it in you to do it all over again. Perhaps being in a new environment where you're no longer the "old man" will bring back that energy and drive once again. I could tell that all the years were piling up on you at 8, with all the management changes, direction changes, etc etc wearing on you, and your quest to make the AM show the best was not shared by everyone. Best of luck if it happens!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom