• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Say goodbye to TruReal

TruReal - Scripps' female targeted reality network - will leave the air on March 27.

Scripps will merge TR with their male targeted counterpart Defy TV and become an all purpose reality channel under the Defy TV banner.

Jewelry TV replaces TR on the Scripps spectrum.

So that means JTV will take over for TR on WEWS 5.4, and Defy will go on as usual (inheriting some of TR's shows) on WVPX 23.4

Is it possible (the new) Defy gets moved to WEWS 5.4 and the new Jewelry TV moves to WVPX?
That would be nice, but I don't see that happening. My understanding as to why they are placing Jewelry TV in TrueReal's place is so that they don't have to re-shuffle the subchannels on every Scripps/Inyo station due to deactivating its affiliated subchannel.

Reactions: vjm
Gotcha. The only reason I brought it up is that WVPX has a weaker signal up in Cleveland.
To be fair, from my perch in the Newburgh Hts area, WVPX (and sister station WDLI 17 - which piggybacks on WVPX's spectrum) come in pretty good.

To be fair, from my perch in the Newburgh Hts area, WVPX (and sister station WDLI 17 - which piggybacks on WVPX's spectrum) come in pretty good.
I'm not too far from you. I will have to move my antenna around, but WVPX didn't come in on my last few re-scans.

I have to turn my outdoor antenna about 90 degrees south in order to get a solid lock on WVPX/WDLI. Otherwise, WVPX comes in a bit weak with occasional breakups when aimed at the Parma Tower Farm.

WVPX/WDLI is a bit weak up along Lake Erie. I wonder how many Bounce viewers complained after the network moved from WUAB to WDLI? If Inyo really wanted to, they probably could move the WVPX/WDLI transmitter up to Parma, which would require a bit of a null in their signal towards the north west to protect WBGU & WDWO-CD. Or they could buy one of the HC2 stations and use it as a Cleveland area repeater.

It seems like WVPX/WDLI needs to do something to better serve the Cleveland area, especially the area along the lake. I assume the current WOIO/WUAB tower in West Creek Reservation will be available after they move to the old WUAB tower later this year. Of course the Metroparks might want that tower removed. A low power repeater might be another option.

It seems like WVPX/WDLI needs to do something to better serve the Cleveland area, especially the area along the lake. I assume the current WOIO/WUAB tower in West Creek Reservation will be available after they move to the old WUAB tower later this year. Of course the Metroparks might want that tower removed. A low power repeater might be another option.
They should do something to better serve Cuyahoga County, especially along the lake. I use an indoor antenna, WVPX does come in time to time, but also breaks up a lot. WEWS is a constant lock. WVPX has some decent channels that could better serve Greater Cleveland OTA with a better antenna location.

From what I was told, Gray owns the current WOIO tower and the former WUAB tower. Maybe they'll keep it the way it is after WOIO relocates to the former WUAB tower for their improved RF 10 broadcast and use it as a backup. Perhaps other stations could that tower as a backup and install their aux transmitters on it as well.

I do agree that the Metroparks may want the tower removed as it could be seen as an eyesore as well as a liability issue. However, that tower was there long before that land was turned into a park.

SportsGrid, DigiTV, TrueReal, Azteca America, I never knew too much choice in subchannels follows the fate of streaming and cable channels.

Surprisingly, that ended up happening.
Well, as I said in another thread, the one factor I forgot about was WEWS/WVPX/WDLI essentially being a Scripps NEO triad (Inyo is really just a shell company Scripps stashed a few Ion stations in to stay under the FCC cap, but Scripps calls the shots)

So while JTV did take over True Real's spot on the spectrum, Scripps could shuffle the diginets around however they wanted to amongst their own stations

And now, NBC LX is on the chopping block as well, expected to cease operations later this year.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom