• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Santa returns to 100.9

It looks like iHeart has given up the nearly 4 year attempt against Kiss 97.3 which never really resulted in much. 100.9 is once again doing all Christmas music as "Santa 100.9" only 11 days before Christmas. The last two years iHeart had done Christmas on 104.7 but this year they have stayed with the all-80s format which has been doing slightly worse than "The Beat". An article on radio insight speculates it could change to a soft AC format called "The Breeze" but in this market it would already have a competitor on Cindy 101.3 which has been going for 15 months now. Not that that is going to stop them from trying, this market has always had at least two of nearly every popular format. But we'll see what they do next! Stay tuned!

It has actually been a very quiet year. Aside from a rebranding on KJFA there were no big changes until now.

Also, Vanguard Media has flipped 96.7 KMYN in Grants to 'The Breeze' with a different soft AC playlist. It used to simulcast KOAZ. Don't worry, KOAZ is still SAFE...but no longer heard in Grants over the air. 103.7 ABQ, 1510 AM and 95.9 Santa Fe are still smooth jazz. In fact, KOAZ has a big 7th birthday party planned for February, with Peter White and Vincent Ingala.

Also, Vanguard Media has flipped 96.7 KMYN in Grants to 'The Breeze' with a different soft AC playlist. It used to simulcast KOAZ. Don't worry, KOAZ is still SAFE...but no longer heard in Grants over the air. 103.7 ABQ, 1510 AM and 95.9 Santa Fe are still smooth jazz. In fact, KOAZ has a big 7th birthday party planned for February, with Peter White and Vincent Ingala.

I checked 96.7 today and heard KMYN Grants at the top of the hour but it is still the Oasis for Santa Fe. They apparently run a separate broadcast for that area at a translator on 95.9 fed by KMYN. So not sure what this other "Breeze" is. Maybe just an internet stream to confuse local listeners or something.

According to the other Radio site:

"In an attempt to protect itself from a potential new Breeze competitor, Vanguard flipped 96.7 KMYN Grants NM late last week from a simulcast of Smooth Jazz “103.7 The Oasis” 1510 KOAZ/103.7 K279BP to a separate Soft AC playlist branded as just “The Breeze“.
I have actually never heard the separate 95.9 programming on KOAZ's stream. The stream originates from 103.7 ABQ. I'm guessing the commercials are different, but not personalities or music.

Not quite sure what "protect itself" is suppose to mean. They can't do anything about a new competitor except hope that soft AC listeners stay with 101.3 which has been playing their music for the past year. 96.7 is too far from Albuquerque and can only be heard if you tune it in on a car radio in one of the higher elevated areas. Same with 89.5 and 90.3 when it is on the air. The playlist does appear to be the same although it is often about a couple minutes ahead of 103.7, don't know about the commercials but it is presented as "Santa Fe's 95.9 The Oasis". The other breeze appears to be a web stream, there is no mention of call letters or numbers just promoting the website www.breezenm.com which directs to it's live stream.

I hate it’s breeze branding. First song was sweetheart in the old west by 5H written by Taylor swift

I hate it’s breeze branding. First song was sweetheart in the old west by 5H written by Taylor swift

Digging up a 2 1/2 year old thread to add nothing substantiative to the thread?

I think the breeze branding is fine really.. a name is about what it conjures up in a listeners mind.. soft, easy, relaxing, mellow.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom