• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

san diego pirate radio on 105.9 fm

i was up this morning around 2am and there was a pirate radio station on 105.9.has anyone heard this? i live in lakeside.i was a bit ticked off at it.covering up Power 106.they were playing hip hop with all the f bombs and everything.even bob marley crap.

where is the station broadcasting from?hopefuly the fcc can put a stop to it.no call letters or station ids?

gradio said:
Sounds like the same material I've been hearing on 106.1 the last few months.

I've heard the station from El Cajon up to MCAS Miramar.

i hear it up in poway.stupid iddiots.i hope they read this board.it must be in a prime location.they will get busted soon. ;D

We need more pirates. Much better radio than the "legal" ones.

jprg said:

I beg to differ. Millions of dollars go into investment so that licensed broadcasters can do what they do, just like you need a business license to open a store. Vonrollsky is correct, I hope they get caught as well. It is not fair to the people who play by the rules.

Garrett said:
jprg said:

I beg to differ. Millions of dollars go into investment so that licensed broadcasters can do what they do, just like you need a business license to open a store. Vonrollsky is correct, I hope they get caught as well. It is not fair to the people who play by the rules.
thanks garret.i already notified the fcc about it and they already know about it.

The problem is not playing by the rules but what is fair. The airwaves belong to the people (including you) so if someone wants to broadcast, I say go for it. Bu this is San Diego where many people are so closed-minded anyway.

I agree that we should do what is fair.... AND LEGAL.... If the rules were set up differently for different people, then they should change the rules... BUT, in this case, it is the same licensing for all and I believe that, if you want to broadcast, get the same license everyone else got.

getting very sick of that crap.the main reason im complaining is,im a trance,techno fan.ive been listening to Powertools on Los Angeles Power 106.ive been complaining to the fcc just about once a week.if anyone knows where i can pick up a field streingth meter and a directional yagi beam,ill take the matter into my own hands.either change frequencys,or ill do my best to find you.!!!!!!!!!!

hipman2 said:
This pirate station sucks. Awful format. Garbage.

Content is king, David. The carrier wave has a good throw far and wide. The station has been sent a cease and desist order by the FCC; so hopefully it'll be no garbage on the air on this frequency. :eek:

If you don't like their format, turn the dial to another station or turn off your radio.

jprg said:
If you don't like their format, turn the dial to another station or turn off your radio.
i would but its blocking Power 106 in los angeles.i listen to them on sunday mornings at 2 am.so im still going to complain about it.its not fair to licenced stations at that

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom