• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sam Butera 1927-2009 "The Wildest Show In Vegas"

H

hornet61

The day that David Carradine died, his news overshadowed the passing, of one of the most entertaining perfomers ever Sam Butera. And man did he blow a mean horn. I used to catch him regularly at Texas Station, Palace Station and At the Desert Inn with former co-hort Keely Smith. He was sideman for many years for the crazy man Louie Prima, a match truly made in heaven. So glad I was able to see him live, he was .........the best sax man I ever heard.

hornet61 said:
The day that David Carradine died, his news overshadowed the passing, of one of the most entertaining perfomers ever Sam Butera. And man did he blow a mean horn. I used to catch him regularly at Texas Station, Palace Station and At the Desert Inn with former co-hort Keely Smith. He was sideman for many years for the crazy man Louie Prima, a match truly made in heaven. So glad I was able to see him live, he was .........the best sax man I ever heard.

There's no doubt he was great.

Absolutely Rocked on "Just a Gigilo/I ain't got Nobody", "Basin Street Blues", "Jump, Jive, and Wail", "Black Magic", "Sleepy Time Down South", "Angelina" and countless other Prima/Smith tracks

capitol records released a great "Sam Butera and the witnesses"......."UltraLounge:Wild,Cool and Swingin'" several years ago...great stuff!!

1. Dig That Crazy Chick - Sam Butera,
2. All the Way - Sam Butera, The Witnesses
3. Street Scene - Sam Butera, The Witnesses
4. Up Jumped a Rabbit - Sam Butera,
5. I Love Paris - Sam Butera, The Witnesses
6. Night Train - Sam Butera, The Witnesses
7. Bim Bam - Sam Butera, The Witnesses
8. Too Young - Sam Butera,
9. Love of My Life (O Sole Mio) - Sam Butera,
10. French Poodle - Sam Butera, The Witnesses
11. Hey There - Sam Butera,
12. Harlem Nocturne - Sam Butera,
13. Perdido - Sam Butera,
14. Song from Moulin Rouge (Where Is Your Heart?) - Sam Butera,
15. Honey Love - Sam Butera,
16. On the Street Where You Live - Sam Butera,
17. Just Say I Love Her (Dicitencello Vuie) - Sam Butera,
18. Vie en Rose - Sam Butera, The Witnesses
19. All Night Long - Sam Butera,
20. Boulevard of Broken Dreams/Fever - Sam Butera,

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom