• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Salem selling 760/WLCC and 1380/WWMI to Immaculate Heart Media

Salem is selling stations+translators in Miami and here in Tampa. In the deal are 760/WLCC + translator, and 1380/WWMI+CP for translator. Buyer is Immaculate Heart Media. They run the 'Relevant Radio' (Talk radio for Catholic audiences) network.

Credit [R/I]: https://radioinsight.com/headlines/...edia-acquires-four-in-miami-tampa-from-salem/

Depending on what happens, likely that the lower-positioned WLCC 760 will get an english-based signal for the first time.. in several years; since almost 1996 right?

Meanwhile, WPBW-LP 102.1 over in St Pete currently airs the RR programming as an affiliate -- seems they just started doing so on June 20. Not sure if that would change or just carry on.

Byron

Salem is selling stations+translators in Miami and here in Tampa. In the deal are 760/WLCC + translator, and 1380/WWMI+CP for translator. Buyer is Immaculate Heart Media. They run the 'Relevant Radio' (Talk radio for Catholic audiences) network.

Credit [R/I]: https://radioinsight.com/headlines/...edia-acquires-four-in-miami-tampa-from-salem/

Depending on what happens, likely that the lower-positioned WLCC 760 will get an english-based signal for the first time.. in several years; since almost 1996 right?

Meanwhile, WPBW-LP 102.1 over in St Pete currently airs the RR programming as an affiliate -- seems they just started doing so on June 20. Not sure if that would change or just carry on.

Byron
————-
Byron, thanks for the link and the info; I realized that Salem owned 1380 but did not realize the Salem also owned 760 WLCC, btw- WLCC has a great daytime signal to the north; one a trip back from Gainesville in June; 620,. 760 and 820 were the first Bay Area stations I was able to pick up just south Gainesville, well before getting into Marion county.

Did not realize they had a translator; as in St Pete I get steady signal from Moody Radio on 104.3.

Will be interesting to see what formats end up being introduced and how for how long.

WLCC has a great daytime signal to the north...I was able to pick up just south Gainesville.
WLCC dumps their full load toward Ocala at around eight degrees on the compass and has a much weaker lobe in the opposite direction.
(There goes "Fun Radio 138")

WLCC dumps their full load toward Ocala at around eight degrees on the compass and has a much weaker lobe in the opposite direction.
(There goes "Fun Radio 138")
________

760 does have a null toward Tequesta
(Midway between Stuart and Jupiter). The 760 in Tequesta has its tower array visible from I-95 nearly on the Martin/Palm Beach county line)........and a night both760’s have a null toward. Detroit’s WJR 760.

1380 has been anything but fun the last several years; if someone wants some business news; instead of sponsored shows; 1320 Venice is an option; listened for awhile this afternoon, and it was Wall Street News radio.

...if someone wants some business news; instead of sponsored shows; 1320 Venice is an option; listened for awhile this afternoon, and it was Wall Street News radio.
What about WHFS?
They are so directional as to be unlistenable at SRQ airport.

What about WHFS?
They are so directional as to be unlistenable at SRQ airport.
First I had to look up the call liters WHFS to see what station that was and since my closest presets to 1010 on the car radio are 880 (for WCBS those rare nights they prevail over Cuba and. 1380’s sister station out of Miami) and 1040.....I hardly stray too far from my presets.

At any rate, in St. Pete at night (at least downtown and further south) 1010 is not that listenable reception wise(in spite. Of what the contour maps on Radio.locator show.) None the less I did sample 1010 for about a total of 30 minutes (15 minutes at two different times of day). Personally from what I heard,I would rate them about the same as 1320; of course both are signal challenged.

I did try to reply earlier, but I kept getting an error message, that posts had to be at least two words.!

WLCC is a regular catch here in Lockhart FL and Altamonte. I lived in Brandon and some radios I had back in the days would actually overload on the AM side I was so close to WLCC.

Well WLCC is now relevant radio. Here in Altamonte Springs where I am I can get this station not only on WLCC, but also 1080 and 1190 which are the local Orlando signals. This may be a stupid question but anyone besides me feel that relevant radio on both 760 and 1380 down there is an overkill? I'm not from that area but lived in brandon on and off for 8 years. To me it seemed that 760 is a much superior signal. Unless 1380 is more for the ST Pete direction.

Well WLCC is now relevant radio. Here in Altamonte Springs where I am I can get this station not only on WLCC, but also 1080 and 1190 which are the local Orlando signals. This may be a stupid question but anyone besides me feel that relevant radio on both 760 and 1380 down there is an overkill? I'm not from that area but lived in brandon on and off for 8 years. To me it seemed that 760 is a much superior signal. Unless 1380 is more for the ST Pete direction.

WLCC has been Relevant Radio for a few weeks now. Immaculate Heart Media is already the owner of WLCC and WWMI..all the stations are coming from different arms/licensees of Salem, so I guess closigns are happening at different times

WE are getting close to them taking over all the stations. Salem pulled Radio Luz off KTNO 1440 in the Dallas market, moving the format over to 620 KEXB.. putting the KTNO calls there because RR is getting 1440.. and all 1440 is running is a looped announcement directing Radio Luz listeners to 620

WLCC has been Relevant Radio for a few weeks now. Immaculate Heart Media is already the owner of WLCC and WWMI..all the stations are coming from different arms/licensees of Salem, so I guess closigns are happening at different times

Are any audiences going to stay put?

There was a time when the evangelicals were not very fond of Catholics and vice-versa...

There are still huge differences in dogma. I can't imagine many evangelicals at all sticking around.

If it went the other way around, I think more Catholics would stick around for the evangelical programming.

I recall Salem did a survey years ago in one of it's markets and found that 60% of it's audience was Catholic.

If it went the other way around, I think more Catholics would stick around for the evangelical programming.

I recall Salem did a survey years ago in one of it's markets and found that 60% of it's audience was Catholic.

That's because traditionally Catholics are more tolerant to the weaknesses of Human Beings.

See all the trouble you started with those ninety-five whatever-you-called-them of yours, Martin Luther. Tisk tisk ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom