• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Salem IS Selling In Orlando...I Can See Why!

I'm actually looking forward to this. I'm a huge fan of JVC stations and they keep things interesting. I won't lie, I did listen to the occasional rays game on 660 and love the old time radio stuff on Saturday night. I think it's Hollywood 360 and it is awesome. Hoping 1520 will still play that.

My bet is they will put "Bud 94.1", the rock format, that JVC has on the translator that was just purchased by Clear Channel.

Was listening on 660 today and they are making mention of a more powerful signal indirectly. Will the answer move to 990? That is my only guess. We will see. this is all very interesting to me for some reason.

Well the announcement looks like it's coming next week. Keeping my ears on this one. I'm guessing 990 the answer in the next few weeks. Unless they put it somewhere else???? But by the way they are talking seems like 990 is a logical choice. Also a sidenote, Salem recently sold WLCC down in Brandon which ran a similar format to 990 so to me it seems like the format on 990 is movable if you will.

I was flipping through the radio and happened to land on 950 Am and heard some show saying to tune into 990 AM instead of 950 next Saturday. So looks like the word moves to 990 and the answer to 950?

I was flipping through the radio and happened to land on 950 Am and heard some show saying to tune into 990 AM instead of 950 next Saturday. So looks like the word moves to 990 and the answer to 950?

On WTLN's website they're asking listeners to tune to 990 or 101.5 starting tomorrow August 5. I don't listen to either station, but according to radio-locator's coverage maps the translators on 94.9 & 101.5 are the same. Even though it's directional it looks like 990 has the better day and nighttime signals compared to 950's non directional day & directional nighttime signals. My guess is both WTLN & WDYZ will simulcast for maybe a week with announcements telling listeners to move up the AM & FM dials. As of the time of this posting there's no mention of a move on WORL's website. That I think should change by next week for JVC takes over 660 & 105.5 on August 19.

Well the word is officially on 990 and 101.5. There are announcements on 950 and 94.9 telling people to move to 990 and 101.5.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/179473/salem-begins-orlando-format-shuffle/

Here is an Update

With the sale of the licenses of Conservative Talk “The Answer” 660 WORL Altamonte Springs/105.5 W288CJ Oviedo, Salem Media has begun the process of realigning the remainder of its Orlando cluster.

Christian Preaching “The Word” has moved from 950 WTLN/94.9 W235CR Orlando to 990 WDYZ/101.5 W268CT Orlando replacing Spanish Christian “La Nueva 990“. The two AMs have applied to swap call letters while WTLN promotes the move as the station being moved to Flordia’s strongest 50kW AM signal.

On 660/105.5 WORL's web & Facebook pages they are letting you know that they're moving up on 8/19 to 950AM & 94.9FM. They are also running some sweepers on the air saying that as well. As of this posting 950AM & 94.9FM are still running the move over to 990 & 101.5 loop. There's no mention on JVC's media site or Bud 94.1's pages about moving to 105.5 and possibly also 660, You would think they would say something, that station makes the books. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
FWIW JVC will have better coverage with 105.5 compared with 94.1, especially south of the city. I'm by Universal and cannot get 94.1 W231CT here due to WLLD's 100,000 watts signal. WORL is going to lose some of their FM listeners. I can get 105.5 W288CJ here most of the time, WDUV is only 33,000 watts.

Last edited:
Got our "Answer". 660 & 105.5 are now running the move over to 950 & 94.9 loop. They got most of their talk show hosts and even a Rays announcer to promote it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom