• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sacramento and 101.5

I've been a little busy for a while, but I thought I'd check in and share some of my observations...

1. Results requested a dismissal of their Davis dump site modification application probably due to the hassle of getting approval without signing on thier approved El Macero CP site. The CP was due to run out later this year.

2. They applied for a modification to a fully spaced site which was easy to sail through the commission's approval proccess. Now they can sign the station on and get a license to cover for Woodland.

3. The next step...and watch this happen. Aftert they get the license to cover in Woodland, CA and are actually broadcasting in the market, they will reapply for the Davis dump site. It should be fairly easy to get the waiver (due to the short spacing with KHYL) since the overlapping "interfering" contours will be in the middle of a cow pasture and the increase in persons reached with the station will be viewed by the FCC as "A better use of Spectrum" while still "serving" the "fast growing" Woodland and Davis area.

5. 95.5...(I saw this as the perfect final home for Sunny a while back). The KUBA webiste is announcing that 1600 will be the only place to hear KUBA as of today. As it stands, it is perfectly legal to simulcast 101.5 on 95.5 for the time being since the 95.5 60 dbu contour is within 101.5's 60 dbu contour. What will probably happen is that an IBOC will probably be launched on 103.1 and the Sunny intelectual property will be broadcasted on 103.1 HD and simulcasted on the analog translator at 95.5. This is perfectly legal . There's an example of this in Atlanta.

Michael Rivers Kramer said:
I've been a little busy for a while, but I thought I'd check in and share some of my observations...

1. Results requested a dismissal of their Davis dump site modification application probably due to the hassle of getting approval without signing on thier approved El Macero CP site. The CP was due to run out later this year.

2. They applied for a modification to a fully spaced site which was easy to sail through the commission's approval proccess. Now they can sign the station on and get a license to cover for Woodland.

3. The next step...and watch this happen. Aftert they get the license to cover in Woodland, CA and are actually broadcasting in the market, they will reapply for the Davis dump site. It should be fairly easy to get the waiver (due to the short spacing with KHYL) since the overlapping "interfering" contours will be in the middle of a cow pasture and the increase in persons reached with the station will be viewed by the FCC as "A better use of Spectrum" while still "serving" the "fast growing" Woodland and Davis area.

5. 95.5...(I saw this as the perfect final home for Sunny a while back). The KUBA webiste is announcing that 1600 will be the only place to hear KUBA as of today. As it stands, it is perfectly legal to simulcast 101.5 on 95.5 for the time being since the 95.5 60 dbu contour is within 101.5's 60 dbu contour. What will probably happen is that an IBOC will probably be launched on 103.1 and the Sunny intelectual property will be broadcasted on 103.1 HD and simulcasted on the analog translator at 95.5. This is perfectly legal . There's an example of this in Atlanta.

Another thing, 95.5 was recently upgraded with directional antenna aimed to the east. This will make an attractive translator for 103.1 HD-2

I ran into an article on daviswiki website. September 23 2004, KDRT a FM low-power station began running on the air. It didn't take while for KDRT to accuse KMJE of encroaching their signal at 101.5. KMJE was the first station to appear in Early 1997. KDRT was forced to move on September 23, 2008 at 95.7. Now KMJE moves to 95.5...ROFL. Constructing a signal tower in Davis?...what is the new Sunny 95.5 waiting for?

95.5 is a north valley signal is it not? Anything closer would be too close to 95.3 KUIC Vacaville. Pay attention to what you're reading! KMJE will be on 101.5 not 95.5. KDRT-LP has nothing to worry about!

Michael Rivers Kramer said:

OK...they are on the 97.9 stick. Not bad to get into the market, but the dump site would definately be better. Good points MRK, I like Results and think they have something cool planned for 101.5.

So right now is 101.5 transmiting from Sutter or Woodland? I can pick up 97.9 well most of the time here in the Diablo Valley, so I should be able to hear the new 101.5, does Results have the money to run IBOC on KKCY? Could they lease a Sacto HD2?

travisl5678 said:
So right now is 101.5 transmiting from Sutter or Woodland? I can pick up 97.9 well most of the time here in the Diablo Valley, so I should be able to hear the new 101.5, does Results have the money to run IBOC on KKCY? Could they lease a Sacto HD2?

Still on the Sutter Buttes. They are supposed to sign on the new tower this month. 101.5 may be a tougher catch in the Diablo Valley between from 101.3 and 101.7 than 97.9 is.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom