• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs cartoon syndication listing 1987-88

A

AlvaJr

Here's the listing of Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs cartoon syndication from 1987-88 are:

WTTG Fox 5 in Washington, DC
KDVR Fox 31 in Denver, CO
WBFS 33 in Miami, FL
WFTS Fox 28 in Tampa, FL
WUTP 45 in Phoenix, AZ
KDFI 27 in Dallas, TX
KRIV Fox 26 in Houston, TX
WNYW Fox 5 in New York, NY
WGBS Philly 57 in Philadelphia
WXON-TV 20 in Detroit, MI
KTLA 5 in Los Angeles, CA
KTSF 26 in San Francisco, CA
KRBK 31 in Sacramento, CA
KUSI 51 in San Diego, CA
KTZZ 22 in Seattle, WA
WSBK-TV 38 in Boston, MA
WGBO-TV Super 66 in Chicago, IL
WVEU 69 in Atlanta, GA
WBNX 55 in Cleveland, OH
KMTA 23 in Minneapolis, MN
WXIN 59 in Indianapolis, IN
WVTV Super 18 in Milwaukee, WI
KPLR-TV 11 in St. Louis, MO
KRLR 21 in Las Vegas, NV
KPDX 49 in Portland, OR
WNOL 38 in New Orleans, LA

Thanks for compiling this list, AlvaJr! I have a couple of additions.

WAYK 56/WAYQ 26 in Orlando, FL
WIII 64 in Cincinnati, OH
WPTT 22 in Pittsburgh, PA
WOLF 38 in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA
WAXA 40 in Anderson, SC

Oh, and it's KUTP and KTMA, not WUTP and KMTA.

Last edited:
ARRRGGHHH!!!

Again with a string of entire threads to list the stations that carried obscure, syndicated cartoon shows. I realize that I should communicate this in a means other than a post, but since the person who launched three separate threads is a guest, I cannot send a PM. And, since he's a guest, I doubt if board management can contact him either. So, I post this here, in hopes that AlvaJr will post the next list of which stations carried some obscure cartoon show as a reply in one of his existing threads, not in a whole new thread. Please. Pretty please. With a damn cherry on top.

I'm not saying that this might not be interesting, but do we really need an entire separate thread for each of these lists?

Frankly, talking about old syndicated cartoon shows might be very interesting, but not if the discussions are fragmented across a plethora of redundant threads.

Avid Listener,

This was a great form before your constant bitchin' and moanin' took over the conversations. You whined about retro listings so they were moved. But that's not enough, now you're stomping your feet like a five year old over this topic.

There are many websites out there on this thing we call the internet. You have no ownership of this page, domain, site hosting or any animal, vegetable or mineral related to what we do here. Let me say on behalf of all the folks you have annoyed to GO THE HELL AWAY! No one gives two f***s in hell what you think anymore because you're a two bit troll.

Mods, please consider an "Avid Listener" page on this forum so he go play with himself, both figuratively and literally.

Avid Listener,

This was a great form before your constant bitchin' and moanin' took over the conversations. You whined about retro listings so they were moved. But that's not enough, now you're stomping your feet like a five year old over this topic.

There are many websites out there on this thing we call the internet. You have no ownership of this page, domain, site hosting or any animal, vegetable or mineral related to what we do here. Let me say on behalf of all the folks you have annoyed to GO THE HELL AWAY! No one gives two f***s in hell what you think anymore because you're a two bit troll.

Mods, please consider an "Avid Listener" page on this forum so he go play with himself, both figuratively and literally.

You sure are obsessed with simple requests to not spam this forum with lots of semi-identical threads and to instead keep all the posts about a single (and, as I pointed out, interesting) topic in a single thread. Is your repeated objection to my polite requests for people to simply follow standard, common netiquette regarding redundant threads because you cannot grasp the concept of the difference between a post and a thread, or do you simply object to me being the person who raises the issue?

Have you noticed that since the threads of list after list of old TV schedules have their own forum now, they are still getting lots and lots of posts, but now Classic TV is once again getting lots of interesting discussions? Are you angry that since the forum of lists was split off, both of those forums are now getting lots of interesting posts and activity?

The reason this pisses me off is I've come to this forum, as have the majority who hang out here, for years. We all joined in conversations adding information and asking questions. It wasn't until your arrival that this started. You have ranted and raved about an issue the rest of us didn't care about. Your asinine comments ran off one person who did nothing more than add content that many of us read. The moderators had no problem as did the rest of the folks who come here about the retro schedules within Classic TV but **you** do. Your nit picky "help I'm being attacked by spam" is annoying and it will likely never stop.

We all joined in conversations adding information and asking questions.

I guess that explains why so many of those spam threads have dozens and dozens of replies, right?

And, if this is something that has been a main feature of this forum for years and years, why is this latest round of spam threads being launched by a lurker?

Last edited:
Correction! I've just confirmed that Saber Rider was on KITN 29 in Minneapolis, not KTMA 23. They ran it at 8 AM weekdays, as shown by the screenshot below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-09 11 Oct 1987, Page 280 - Star Tribune at Newspapers com.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-12-09 11 Oct 1987, Page 280 - Star Tribune at Newspapers com.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 27
Also plus!

WBBH 20 in Fort Myers/Naples/Cape Coral, FL
WCJB 20 in Gainesville, FL

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom