• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ryan Baker moves from Sports segments to anchor the CBS2 Morning news

https://www.robertfeder.com/2019/09/12/robservations-ryan-baker-shifts-morning-news-anchor-cbs-2/

The train wreck known as WBBM-Channel 2’s morning newscast is about to add a familiar face. Ryan Baker, longtime sports anchor at the CBS-owned staton, will join co-anchor Erin Kennedy from 4:30 to 7 a.m. weekdays, starting September 30. “I’m grateful to the station management for having the belief in me as a news anchor,” said Baker, who aced an on-air tryout in August. “I can’t wait to get started.” A south suburban native and University of Illinois graduate, Baker joined CBS 2 in 2008 after five years at NBC-owned WMAQ-Channel 5. Mike Puccinelli, who’s been co-anchoring with Kennedy since Marissa Bailey was cut in March, will return to reporting duties. Joining the morning team as “breaking news anchor” will be reporter Audrina Bigos. No word yet on who’ll replace Baker as the station’s main sports anchor. It’ll take a miracle to lift CBS 2 out of fifth place in the ratings, where it’s been languishing for years. But Baker may be just the guy to do it. Other Chicago sports anchors who’ve made the leap to news include Corey McPherrin, Tim Weigel (for a short time) and Warner Saunders.

Coming soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom