• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rusty Reynolds

I received a TEXT from Ken Reynolds informing me that his Father Rusty has passed away.

Rusty was a jock, salesman, play-by-play announcer and eventual radio station over in a number of markets in Texas. On the air he was at KXOL and KCWM in Ft. Worth, KDOK in Tyler, WAKY in Louisville, KEEL in Shreveport and also Managed KMCO in Conroe.

Rusty partnered with colleague Dick Osburn from KXOL in the late 1970’s and formed a strong chain of some of the best sounding small market stations in the industry. Including KEAN in Abilene, KYKS in Lufkin, KYKX in Longview, KIXS in Victoria and KAGG in College Station. *You might recall, what a HUGE Aggie fan he was-and eventually went back to school and did receive his degree from the university in the 1990’s.

Just a few years ago, he was the recipient of the Texas Association of Broadcasters “Pioneer” award, and was an inductee of the Texas Radio Hall of Fame.

He and his son were still the owners of three broadcast properties in the Tyler/Longview market.

In the past few years, Rusty had been out of touch with many due Alzheimer’s Disease, but it appears that a stomach virus was the cause of his death, this morning; shortly after Midnight.

When I get more info, I will post it here.

Josh Holstead
Operations Manager
Texas Radio Hall of Fame

Ahhhh...hate to hear that. I hadn't talked to Rusty in 10 years, but long admired his contributions to the medium--and especially to KXOL.

He was great at KXOL! Great enough to envy! Loved Rusty!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom