• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

RIP Hank Stram

patriot578

Inactive
Inactive User
I decided to post this on the sports board since he spent time as color analysts for CBS Radio Sports Monday Night Football broadcasts. Although it might be off-topic to this website, legendary NFL Hall of Fame head coach Hank Stram (with the Kansas City Chiefs and New Orleans Saints) died this Independence Day of diabetes at St. Tammany Parish hospital in Covington, Louisiana at the age of 82.

One curse of living in the Eastern Time Zone as a pre-teen is having to go to bed at or before halftime of Monday Night Football games. However, the flip side for me back in the early 1990s was getting to listen to Jack Buck and Hank Stram do the games. I probably listened to them as much if not more than Al, Frank and Dan before the mid 90s.
Buck and Stram were awesome; I'm just glad I could recognize it at the time. That was how I first knew of Hank Stram, even before I realized he was such a great coach.

> I decided to post this on the sports board since he spent
> time as color analysts for CBS Radio Sports Monday Night
> Football broadcasts. Although it might be off-topic to this
> website, legendary NFL Hall of Fame head coach Hank Stram
> (with the Kansas City Chiefs and New Orleans Saints) died
> this Independence Day of diabetes at St. Tammany Parish
> hospital in Covington, Louisiana at the age of 82.

The ol' coach has matriculated to that big stadium in the sky...........

The ol' coach has matriculated to that big stadium in the sky...........

He'll be the coach holding the rolled up game plan and pacing along the sidelines......

Thanks for everything, Coach!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom