• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Retrofit Tower Climbing Pegs

I'd like to shed over 1000 pounds of ladder and it's associated wind load from a tower but still want to be able to climb it. Where can I find retrofit tower climbing pegs that attach via U-bolt to a tower that was not designed for climbing pegs?

Do you know the tower's maker? They might have a "kit" that will not change the integrity of the tower and keep your tower insurance carrier happy. What you are doing the correct thing but if the tower falls everybody will try not to be blamed. Also before you make any "tower modifications" check with your insurance carrier. Sometimes good paperwork is more important than common sense.

The manufacturer (EZ-Way of Tampa,FL) is no longer in business. Good points though...I will keep those in mind if this idea goes anywhere.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom