• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Reporting errors to TuneIn

A

AnyHuman

This is *not* a Spanish station. TuneIn has had it incorrectly listed for years, and no contact info on their website unless I'm an advertiser. Should I just contact their advertising department about a mislabeled station?

Honestly they've gotten bigger over the years, and a lot worse with their database.

TuneIn simply lists what stations AND ONLY STATIONS themselves submit to it. If a station has incorrect info there, that's because they've put it there at some point in the past.

As part of my digital consulting business, I assist stations that are unsure on how to proceed with updating their entries on TuneIn, so if anybody is looking to get their entry updated or in the case of FCC licensed stations (TuneIn no longer accepts new webcasters) on there in the first place, DM me.

There are better services out there than TuneIn. LOL KPPZ-LP has never been owned by the Spanish Christian group it's webstream on TuneIn broadcasts.
KPPZ is a Black-owned station playing Urban R&B/soul.
That stream is KKLO/KCWJ/KCGG-LP.

Just figured if they're the big radio company who has local radio stations right on my Alexa app's "Now Playing" section, they might not want incorrect listings.

I remember 10 years ago they were a company who actually listened to user feedback. Now it seems they only change something if they get money in return.

That is interesting. I notice with some stations they don't carry they have very limited database information on. For instance WTGZ was listed as being from Columbus, GA. When in fact I think it's out of Auburn, AL. via Tiger Communications . They also have done this with LaMegaRadio out of Marabella, Spain with outdated information. I agree that as big as it is, they should do a better job with keeping they're databases updated frequently. That's why I moved on to MyTuner. Granted they don't have the amount of radio stations that TuneIn does. But great customer service. I suggested several stations that were on their database in the past that either didn't work or don't have in the past month alone only to have them respond that it has been updated or will get on to it. Not to mention that TuneIn's Apple Watch App is pathetic with only your most recent stations/songs in the top 10 only just like Apple Music's App. At least with MyTuner's app you get more options (Favorites, Top Stations, Podcasts, and Top Songs).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom