• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Report: Fox's hannity pulled gun on guest

Obviously posters are siding one way or the other in who they believe. That's fine. Might we consider the following?

If you are a police officer arriving at an accident with 5 witnesses to the car accident, you will get a different description from every witness and many times they are quite conflicting in details. Colors of the car don't match or the way the accident happened are many times the polar opposite among witnesses. I had a Dallas Police Investigator tell me there is a simple reason for that. He suggested a person processes information in a way much like a camera takes pictures. You can press the shutter but there is a length of time between each frame. The mind digests these frames and connects the dots.

So, at an accident, witnesses give you pieces of the puzzle that offer clues to what happened. He said his job was to be savvy enough to understand what those clues were so he could complete the puzzle. He said in all his years he never got exactly the same sequence of events from two witnesses no matter how many saw it happen.

He pointed out that this happens when we see something unexpected and perceive it as a danger even if that danger is not to us personally, calling it an animal instinct. He noted picking up his cat while it was witnessing two other cats in a fight. He got clawed. The cat, although not involved in the fight, was tense and scared by what it witnessed.

Obviously posters are siding one way or the other in who they believe.

Maybe. We live in a world where the media is under fire. At the same time, sometimes people employed by the media become part of the news. This apparently happened last year, but was just reported last week. The fact that it's coming out now makes it news, even though it actually happened last year. No one was fired then. TTBOMK no one was disciplined. No one denies it happened. Howard Kurtz may discuss it tomorrow on Fox's Media Buzz. It may also come up on CNN's Reliable Sources. Either way, that coverage will then propel the story further. All of this is more information for the public to digest. You can believe what you want to believe. All we know is that it definitely happened.

Last edited:
Obviously posters are siding one way or the other in who they believe. That's fine. Might we consider the following?

If you are a police officer arriving at an accident with 5 witnesses to the car accident, you will get a different description from every witness and many times they are quite conflicting in details. Colors of the car don't match or the way the accident happened are many times the polar opposite among witnesses. I had a Dallas Police Investigator tell me there is a simple reason for that. He suggested a person processes information in a way much like a camera takes pictures. You can press the shutter but there is a length of time between each frame. The mind digests these frames and connects the dots.

So, at an accident, witnesses give you pieces of the puzzle that offer clues to what happened. He said his job was to be savvy enough to understand what those clues were so he could complete the puzzle. He said in all his years he never got exactly the same sequence of events from two witnesses no matter how many saw it happen.

He pointed out that this happens when we see something unexpected and perceive it as a danger even if that danger is not to us personally, calling it an animal instinct. He noted picking up his cat while it was witnessing two other cats in a fight. He got clawed. The cat, although not involved in the fight, was tense and scared by what it witnessed.

Williams himself said it did not happen.

Williams himself said it did not happen.

Not true. What he said is it's being over-sensationalized. But he admitted that it happened.

Juan Williams
✔ ‎@TheJuanWilliams

(1/2) This incident is being sensationalized – everything was under total control throughout and I never felt like I was put in harm’s way.

8:37 PM - 16 Mar 2017

No one is questioning or challenging whether or not it happened. They may not agree with the way it was reported, but even Fox News says it happened, and was "thoroughly investigated."

Last edited:
Not true. What he said is it's being over-sensationalized. But he admitted that it happened.

Juan Williams
✔ ‎@TheJuanWilliams

(1/2) This incident is being sensationalized – everything was under total control throughout and I never felt like I was put in harm’s way.

8:37 PM - 16 Mar 2017

No one is questioning or challenging whether or not it happened. They may not agree with the way it was reported, but even Fox News says it happened, and was "thoroughly investigated."

We need security camera videos to be released here to see how the Hannity incident really happened.

We need security camera videos to be released here to see how the Hannity incident really happened.

"Security camera?" In a studio? Unless someone thinks there was a crime, or unless Williams files charges, nothing more will happen.

But it's another embarrassment for Fox News, already reeling from a number of sex complaints. What's going on there?

BigA - You have a few extra hours a week to go straighten them folkz out over there at Fox? It certainly has become a bit of zoo. I will say this. I think Juan Williams is a admirable and honest person, who doesn't go after the limelight like he could. I know him indirectly, and he is flat out a good guy. I have to believe that IF he was in any way upset or felt in harms way, he would have made a case and stood up for himself and taken action that would have been all over the media long ago. I also cannot imagine Hannity would make such a stupid move with his career or anyone's life by POINTING a gun at ANYONE unless he intended to shoot. The first rule of gun safety is NEVER point a gun at anyone EVER. Not in fun, not for showing off a firearm, not even pointing anywhere near another human. Why there would be a gun in a TV station is honestly interesting and a bit scary to think about what could somehow happen. I would be surprised, but maybe not shocked, that Hannity has the right to carry in his contract for safety issues. This will be fun to watch. I can't say that I know If Juan has continued to be on the show with Hannity....seems like that would have made the news, as well.

Both Hannity and Williams dispute the characterization that CNN gave to what apparently was Hannity simply showing his firearm to Juan.

Both Hannity and Williams dispute the characterization that CNN gave to what apparently was Hannity simply showing his firearm to Juan.

CNN was simply reporting what 3 eyewitnesses told them. They checked the story with both parties as well as the company itself. Don't blame the messenger.

Why there would be a gun in a TV station is honestly interesting and a bit scary to think about what could somehow happen.

That's what bothers me. It's not unusual for there to be metal detectors in Manhattan office buildings. But if you're a big star, you have ways of getting around them. That doesn't mean you're allowed to avoid the rules. There was a situation this past weekend where a crazy person in Paris grabbed a gun from a female soldier. Suppose someone did that to Hannity in his studio. The gun owner isn't the problem. It's having a gun in the workplace.

So, it was not about Juan Williams, who is not a guest but a regular contributor. Got it.

If you had ever been to New York City, and know anything about their laws regarding handguns,
you would know this story does not pass the smell test.

Celebrity or not you just don't walk around Manhattan packing heat. The process of getting
a carry permit there is just too difficult. People don't walk around carrying they way they to
in many other parts of the country.

Celebrity or not you just don't walk around Manhattan packing heat.

No, they're driven in their limo. The limo drops them off at a private entrance.

Hannity admits he took out his gun that day, and so does Fox News. Plus there are three witnesses.

Last edited:
"Security camera?" In a studio? Unless someone thinks there was a crime, or unless Williams files charges, nothing more will happen.

But it's another embarrassment for Fox News, already reeling from a number of sex complaints. What's going on there?

Well at some point the media and police will all look for Sean Hannity's family and friends and start asking questions like "How long did you know that Hannity was mentally insane?", "What was his mental state like when he had a gun?"

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/article/NH/20150826/NEWS/150829881

http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/08/...grew-up-in-bay-area-attended-oakland-schools/

I remember this happening the last time a TV staff member was accused and was proven to have killed somebody was in 2015 when Vester Flanagan killed 2 talent at WDBJ Virginia. I remember Police and TV crews from Sacramento and San Francisco were in Vallejo at the time and I was visiting my family at the time and I didn't even realize that all these TV Crews and Police were not covering a car chase or an unrelated raid. The Police and TV Crew were in my family's neighborhood look for Vester Flanagan's family asking that very question. "How Long did you know Vester Flanagan was mentally unstable?" "Was he mentally unstable with a gun?" If Charges are really filed against Hannity or sued in civil court then expect similar stuff to happen to Sean Hannity's family where law enforcement and TV Crews will be asking this same stuff.

If Charges are really filed against Hannity or sued in civil court

If it hasn't happened by now, it's not happening. The incident apparently happened 6 months ago. No one has filed a complaint.

It was probably handled internally. They're upset the story leaked out.

Now I read that Judge Andrew Napolitano has been "pulled" from Fox News after causing a stir by saying British spies were used in the Trump wiretap.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ersial-comments-trump-wiretapping-claims-9875

What's going on at Fox? Are they more focused on ratings than on being right? Isn't anyone there checking facts from commentators before allowing them to go on the air?

Thankfully they still have some level heads there, especially Shepard Smith. He was the one who came forth with the statement saying Fox News could find no basis in Napolitano's statement.

No question what they're doing is attracting a big audience. But at what cost? This may be a topic for its own thread.

Now I read that Judge Andrew Napolitano has been "pulled" from Fox News after causing a stir by saying British spies were used in the Trump wiretap.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ersial-comments-trump-wiretapping-claims-9875

What's going on at Fox? Are they more focused on ratings than on being right? Isn't anyone there checking facts from commentators before allowing them to go on the air?

Thankfully they still have some level heads there, especially Shepard Smith. He was the one who came forth with the statement saying Fox News could find no basis in Napolitano's statement.

No question what they're doing is attracting a big audience. But at what cost? This may be a topic for its own thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-HUbdEAxo8

Fox News has to please to the Alex Jones Crowd??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DMEekDsN2M

Fox News is trying to please the Tomi Lahren Crowd too?

I wanted to argue that Fox News is heading to be a right wing Pacifica but that's not even an equivalent too?
But Fox has to please the Trump Supporters one way or the other though. It seems to me that Jack Abernethy the current leader of Fox News is better at leading the Fox Television Stations division than even Fox News.

Bill Shine is a better leader for Fox News though based on how things are going .

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom