• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Reboots

That show is a waste of my time. With a TiVo all I have to do is watch for the Whammys and back up if I see one, so I can see what it does.

Other than that, I really don't have the time and it's too hard to watch people get all that money and then lose it. Although I was amazed at how fast they got more money and prizes.
Who am I kidding? I'll watch it. Elizabeth Banks wore a sexy outfit more suited to Vanna White and she has a great smile.

But it is so hard seeing someone accumulate $50,000 and believe he is secure.

Watched the rebooted Press Your Luck on ABC on Demand this morning. (I forgot to DVR it Tuesday Night/Wednesday Night). I decided I do not like Elizabeth Banks, so I won't be watching again. Too bad as I used to enjoy the original. Not liking the host is the same reason I do not watch the rebooted Match Game. Can't stand Alec Baldwin. I liked the original Match Game that I used to watch in reruns on Game Show Network and even the previous reboot that aired in syndication in the 90s. I think it was on UPN 20 (Now CW 20).

Watched the rebooted Press Your Luck on ABC on Demand this morning. (I forgot to DVR it Tuesday Night/Wednesday Night). I decided I do not like Elizabeth Banks, so I won't be watching again. Too bad as I used to enjoy the original. Not liking the host is the same reason I do not watch the rebooted Match Game. Can't stand Alec Baldwin. I liked the original Match Game that I used to watch in reruns on Game Show Network and even the previous reboot that aired in syndication in the 90s. I think it was on UPN 20 (Now CW 20).
I never liked the rebooted version on GSM. Now that they brought back the original I will watch it. Truly one of my favorite game shows growing up, along with Name that Tune.

I like Elizabeth Banks and I definitely like Alec Baldwin. We can like different things.

I noticed one night that Michael Bolton tickets were a prize. Now I'm not saying they should get rid of the Whammy because it's too entertaining, but what a great replacement for the Whammy if they did.

I like the new Press Your Luck's bonus round, but it looks like they drag it and the regular game out to fill the hour. I don't like the new Card Sharks as well because of it going back to the rule of the original NBC version in the bonus round where if the card is the same as the previous one the player loses whatever they bet. The second winner bet all he had on an ace and got another ace so he lost everything. The CBS version was better where he wouldn't have lost what he bet.

I like the new Press Your Luck's bonus round, but it looks like they drag it and the regular game out to fill the hour. I don't like the new Card Sharks as well because of it going back to the rule of the original NBC version in the bonus round where if the card is the same as the previous one the player loses whatever they bet. The second winner bet all he had on an ace and got another ace so he lost everything. The CBS version was better where he wouldn't have lost what he bet.
I agree, I was hoping the an wouldn't lose but he bet nearly everything and got two aces in a row. Then he bet all he had left and it was a third ace. I don't remember the old version but I liked it better with Bob Eubanks and the cute blonde girls.

Another thought I had on Card Sharks: I don't like that the winner has to risk the $10,000 that they won in the bonus round. When the guy in the second game lost in the bonus round he lost the $10,000 from the regular game as well.

I wondered what would happen if the guy gave up and went home. Now I had forgotten he had over $30,000 from the first part of the show but he could have quit and kept about $30,000 more but his wife wanted to keep going and he ended up losing a trip to Bermuda for his parents because he got a Whammy. He ended up with nothing because of four Whammys but had a great attitude about it, and then I realized he had not lost anything from the first part of the show. It's not like "Jeopardy" tournaments where it's only a score at the end of the first round.

Elizabeth wore another sexy dress but instead of a Vanna White look, this was more like a soccer mom's outfit for summer.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/varsity-blues-getting-modern-update-at-quibi-1223978

Varsity Blues the late 1990's movie wil/ get a reboot.

'Stuber' screenwriter Tripper Clancy will pen the new take, with original producers Mike Tollin and Tova Laiter attached.
Quibi wants Varsity Blues' life.

Jeffrey Katzenberg's shortform outlet has put into development a modern take on the 1999 James Van Der Beek feature film Varsity Blues.

Tripper Clancy — who penned the feature Stuber, which bows Friday — is attached to write the new take on the film about a high school football team and their battles with a demanding coach.

Mike Tollin and Tova Laiter — who produced the original pic — are on board to executive produce the Quibi series. Tollin will exec produce alongside John Gatins and Peter Guber. The project hails from Tollin and Guber's MSM and Paramount Television. The latter's Paramount Pictures produced the original Varsity Blues.

"For all those who cheered Mox's refrain, 'I don't want your life,' as well as all those who never heard of the West Canaan Coyotes, we're thrilled to bring Varsity Blues to Quibi and into the 21st century!" Tollin said Thursday in a statement.

https://tvline.com/2019/07/17/gossip-girl-reboot-hbo-max-series-order/

It’s not just a rumor anymore: Gossip Girl is getting the reboot treatment.

Seven years after the CW drama wrapped — and six months after there was talk of a new iteration at the show’s original network — HBO Max has ordered 10 hour-long episodes of a series that will introduce a fresh crop of gorgeous Manhattan private-schoolers to Gossip Girl’s all-seeing eye. Per the streaming service, the reboot “will address just how much social media — and the landscape of New York itself — has changed in the intervening years.”

Onboard once again as executive producers are series creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. Joshua Safran, the Gossip Girl EP who went on to create ABC’s Quantico and Netflix’s upcoming Mixtape, is set as EP and writer.

This time the show is going to HBO Max.

I've noticed that Press Your Luck and Card Sharks have only had 2 or 3 new episodes and have been running repeats since. Is that all there will be for them, at least for now? Also how are they doing in the ratings? I know they will only be for filler for the Summer, but are more episodes coming?

They had new episodes last week. They had one night of reruns for July 3 and were bumped by the ESPYs, that’s it. The Sunday shows had a partial lineup bump for the President Trump interview and a full night bumped for the high wire thing. They all taped their full seasons.

Back
Top Bottom