• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Real 106.1 WISX

I'm probably a fool for asking. Does anyone on this board listen to Real 106.1? I listen regularly on the iHeart App. They play "Summer Time" by The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff regularly. Is it just me or is it a bad version of the song that they're playing. It sounds messed up. Almost robotic is what I guess you would call it.

I don't know if the people running the station even listen to it. WISX (as Philly's 106.1--another creative moniker) debuted with a bad file of Black Eyed Peas' "Let's Get It Started" and they played that screwed up, glitchy file in pretty regular rotation for years until they flipped. It was extremely noticeable even to a casual listener--especially one who was trying to sing along--but I guess not so much to the people who work there!

I don't listen to terrestrial radio much but it did look like Real 106.1 was playing some throwbacks I missed hearing. I gave them a try a few times but they were pitching up the music (I don't know if they still are) so I couldn't stick around for long. Something interesting finally happened on our radio dial but for me personally, it turned out to be pretty disappointing. Eventually I gave up and went back to my iPod, Spotify, Pandora, and Google Play.

Do they replace corrupted files when listeners tell them about the issue, or are they just ignored?

I personally emailed them at least twice to tell them about it. No one responded and they kept using the busted file. So I thought, 'Hell, if they don't care, why should I?' Then they started airing Seacrest and Lopez and I never bothered tuning to 106.1 again!

I personally emailed them at least twice to tell them about it. No one responded and they kept using the busted file. So I thought, 'Hell, if they don't care, why should I?' Then they started airing Seacrest and Lopez and I never bothered tuning to 106.1 again!
With their current format there is no more syndication. They have jocks on 6AM-Midnight. Whether LIVE or VT'd I don't know.

6AM-10AM CHIO and Shila
10AM-2PM Nicole (I think she's also on Q102)
2PM-7PM Johnny V
7PM-Midnight Roxy Romeo (She's on a whole bunch of stations).

With their current format there is no more syndication. They have jocks on 6AM-Midnight. Whether LIVE or VT'd I don't know.

6AM-10AM CHIO and Shila
10AM-2PM Nicole (I think she's also on Q102)
2PM-7PM Johnny V
7PM-Midnight Roxy Romeo (She's on a whole bunch of stations).

Are the jock tracks pitched up too? (Just kidding.)

I actually like this station, kinda WRFF in the sense that it has a unique sound, it's not hard hip-hop like 98.9 or 103.9 or pure throwbacks like 100.3 and 105.3. I would almost call it a "hip hop station for white people" as it is not as hardcore as the two first mentioned but it isn't a pop station either.

I actually like this station, kinda WRFF in the sense that it has a unique sound, it's not hard hip-hop like 98.9 or 103.9 or pure throwbacks like 100.3 and 105.3. I would almost call it a "hip hop station for white people" as it is not as hardcore as the two first mentioned but it isn't a pop station either.

I graduated a suburban high school in 2001. Any female classmates that I'm friends with on social media who have heard this station LOVE it because it's essentially Q102-esque from their high school days. (When they weren't listening to Y100)

It'll be interesting to see how the station drops/adds titles as time goes on (if it's given appropriate time) to keep in the core demo.

I still miss Eagle 106. Hey, maybe Entercom will flip 1210 AM to Eagle. (Sorry. I couldn't resist.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom