• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ray Fisher, Kai Cole and Charisma Carpenter accuse director Joss Whedon of Racial and Sexual Misconduct

EARLIER, 8:24 pm PST: Ray Fisher is continuing his battle against WarnerMedia, sending out a Twitter manifesto on his recent dismissal from the upcoming Flash film.

The Justice League actor said he “strongly disagreed with their decision,” but said it was “unsurprising.” He again took issue with DC Films President Walter Hamada, claiming he undermined investigations into Fisher’s complaints about executive conduct on the Justice League set.

Fisher has been at-odds with Warner Bros. since last July, accusing Joss Whedon of abuse during the post-Zack Snyder reshoots of Justice League. A subsequent Warner Bros. investigation said unspecified “remedial action” was taken, and the investigation was concluded. No other details were revealed.

HBO Max will premiere the Zach Snyder director’s cut of Justice League featuring Fisher in 2021.

Former Buffy the Vampire and Angel actress Charisma Carpenter accused those shows’ creator, Joss Whedon, of abusive and harassing behavior on set. In an Instagram message posted today, the actress says the incidents “triggered a chronic physical condition from which I still suffer.”

Carpenter claims the Buffy creator called her “fat” when she was 4 months pregnant, threatened to fire her and made people vie for his approval on set.

One specific instance she cites is when, in a closed-door meeting after learning of her pregnancy, Carpenter says Whedon “asked me if I was ‘going to keep it.’” The actress says Whedon “proceeded to attack my character, mock my religious beliefs, accuse me of sabotaging the show, and then unceremoniously fired me the following season once I gave birth.”

These Misconduct allegations are directed at Joss Whedon for making the movie and TV set a toxic work environment.

and the Ex-Wife of Whedon accuse him of misconduct.

It turns out a group have put out a #IstandwithRayFisher tag on Twitter as part of a move to investigate Joss Whedon for Racial and Sexual Misconduct allegations.

And there is a sub-current of religious ridicule or persecution as Whedon is a professed atheist who has been rumored to dislike and even mistreat those with stronger religious beliefs.

Again, this, like the other accusations, has not been investigated or litigated to a conclusion.

The Joss Whedon allegations started out as an investigation over racism when Ray Fisher came forward but that has now quickly become an investigation over sexism allegations as some of the Buffy Cast members come forward on Whedon over toxic work environment on that show. Apparently Warner Brothers was accused of mishandling the racism allegations initially on Joss Whedon but we will wait and see how much bigger is going to be from there.

Gal Gadot of Wonder Woman has also accused Joss Whedon of Misconduct.

Last edited:

More Cast members come forward on Joss Whedon for misconduct allegation. Michelle Trachtenberg is now coming forward and supporting the other cast members who blew the whistle on Whedon.

Michelle Trachtenberg is standing with her Buffy the Vampire Slayer costars in the wake of abuse allegations against the series' creator, Joss Whedon, and calling his alleged behavior "not appropriate."
On Wednesday, Sarah Michelle Gellar released a statement saying she stands "with all survivors of abuse" after former castmate Charisma Carpenter publicly alleged that Whedon, 56, had created a "hostile and toxic" work environment on the set of Buffy and its spinoff, Angel.
When contacted by PEOPLE, reps for Whedon did not have a comment at this time.

Dang the Joss Whedon had a persona like Jerry Falwell jr. Instead of religion to play the righteous card it's apparently feminism was used as the righteous card until some of the actors blew the whistle on him for racism and sexual misconduct.

I swear I seen this before when Jerry and Becki Falwell played the righteous card in front of the camera until they got exposed for misconduct at Liberty University.

More stars come forward with allegations against Joss Whedon. ,
Michelle Tractenberg, Emma Caufield and Anthony Head come forward in the Whedon allegations.
In her original response, Trachtenberg wrote, "Thank you [Gellar] for saying this. I am brave enough now as a 35 year old woman.... To repost this. Because. This must. Be known. As a teenager. With his not appropriate behavior......" However, her updated post contains the addition, "The last. Comment I will make on this. Was. There was a rule. Saying. He's not allowed in a room alone with Michelle again."

WandaVision star Emma Caulfield, who played Anya Jenkins in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, has joined her former cast members in supporting Charisma Carpenter's statement about show creator Joss Whedon's toxic on-set behavior.

On Instagram, Caulfield posted an image of co-star Sarah Michelle Gellar's statement against Whedon, writing "In the wise words of my friend @sarahmgellar." Gellar wrote that, while she was proud to have played Buffy, she did not want to be affiliated with Whedon's name. "But I stand with all survivors of abuse and am proud of them for speaking out," she added.

Anthony Stewart Head, who played Buffy's mentor Rupert Giles in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, had an emotional response to the news of his co-stars speaking out on abuse and inappropriate behavior that they allegedly endured at the hands of the show's creator, Joss Whedon.

In a video interview with UK news outlet Metro, Head said that he had never known about Whedon's misbehavior while Buffy was shooting, but that he believed the statements issued by other cast members. "You can probably see that I've been up most of the night," he said, indicating his sleepless face. "Just running through my memories, thinking, 'What did I miss?'"

Wow this is a rare case where two male actors originally went after Joss Whedon for the Toxic Workplace and racism allegations has now turned into a #metoo allegations once the female talent comes forward here.

Last edited:

Another person comes forward on Joss Whedon this time another male actor comes forward and it's from Buffy, James Marster comes forward and accuse Joss Whedon of being dictatorial on the set of Buffy and getting into confrontations with Marster.

What's crazy here is that given the number of men now coming forward here on abuse allegations against Whedon one has to wonder how many more male actors will come out and say this or that director did questionable things. Only reason this does not happen is because of NDA's and being judged for not being "Macho Enough" or judged for losing their manhood.

I understand with the Female cast members it's more sympathetic due to the history of gender abuse and discrimination that's been discussed for the past few years.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom