• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

RAUL BRINDIS MAY BE GONE SOON

Last week One of the members of this show was let go by the company ,and today during the morning show someone called in live and said it's really unfair that this person was let go and was not event able to say goodbye to the audience. to what Raul responded that he had a very important meeting with the company today and he being on the air tomorrow was uncertain. That he was unsure of what the outcome would be. So 1. normally we deal with cuts here in December not July and 2. no chance that KLTN would continue at the top without the show that has been on the air for so many years now. But i can say this. The company for a while has had a plan B for when Raul B decides not to renew his contract and i would bet many would be surprised who would take his place.

Which member? I listened this morning and Raul Said they were cutting the show short today almost an hour short.

Answered my own Question. El Rolis wouldn’t change anything. He just had a segment on the show. Nothing much is lost.

Last week One of the members of this show was let go by the company ,and today during the morning show someone called in live and said it's really unfair that this person was let go and was not event able to say goodbye to the audience. to what Raul responded that he had a very important meeting with the company today and he being on the air tomorrow was uncertain. That he was unsure of what the outcome would be. So 1. normally we deal with cuts here in December not July and 2. no chance that KLTN would continue at the top without the show that has been on the air for so many years now. But i can say this. The company for a while has had a plan B for when Raul B decides not to renew his contract and i would bet many would be surprised who would take his place.
I wonder if Raul Brindis has a lifeboat at SBS?

I cant recall if it was sbs who raul worked with in chicago and then the bay area i think it could have been sbs .
Raul has been one to really clown stations that have failed in Houston. I dont really see him going anywhere for a while! A Few times while i have worked with him has has not wanted to renew the contract and its taken weeks back and forth for him to finally sign.

I cant recall if it was sbs who raul worked with in chicago and then the bay area i think it could have been sbs .
I believe that the Chicago station was WOJO before Tichenor bought it, and in San Francisco it was KBRG when it was an Entercom station.

He aint going anywhere. I remember he quit one day after a caller told him he was worthless live on the air. He left the studio, went home. The GM and other went to talk to him. A few weeks later he was back on air.
Raul is feeling the pressure now. Raul had full control, its not like that anymore. Songs are mandatory to play now in each hour. Rolis wasnt a Univision employee, just contract. Im assuming Rolis was fired, not cut. They immidiately replaced him with a new guest. Who gets cut while out on vacation. Univision seems to favor BMF and the new FreeGuey network shows. If anything changes, it most likekly will be Raul making that choice. The company isnt pushing him out.

Not exactly how it happend but maybe this was another time that Raul had a issue.. a while back A cuz word was said over the air and Sandy (at the time) was to be respobsible for the Dump Button but she did'nt cath it on time and the word went on the air so Management had Arnulfo who was Rauls manager at the time suspend him i think for a week or 2 so raul was upset that his manager had taken the side of the company and not his so que quit and went home and that same day Arnulfo who was the operations manager quit as well so all weekend was a mess.. i think by tuesday it had been resolved but the relationship between raul and anulfo was never the same ! A few months later Arulfo was laid off and with him probably 80% of everyone he had hired was also gone.

I remember he quit one day after a caller told him he was worthless live on the air. He left the studio, went home. The GM and other went to talk to him. A few weeks later he was back on air.

...so que quit and went home and that same day Arnulfo who was the operations manager quit as well so all weekend was a mess.
what-surprised.gif

I believe that the Chicago station was WOJO before Tichenor bought it, and in San Francisco it was KBRG when it was an Entercom station.
Speaking of KBRG, I seem to recall an incident where Raul Brindis prank-called an account executive for the station, who happened to be homosexual, then aired the recording during his show. The airing was non-consentual and caused a degree of embarrassment for the aforementioned salesman.

For many years, there was a citation of this incident contained in the Univision public files, although apparently the clock ran out and it as expunged, because there is no trace in the online public files. Atleast, not that I can find.

Speaking of KBRG, I seem to recall an incident where Raul Brindis prank-called an account executive for the station, who happened to be homosexual, then aired the recording during his show. The airing was non-consentual and caused a degree of embarrassment for the aforementioned salesman.

For many years, there was a citation of this incident contained in the Univision public files, although apparently the clock ran out and it as expunged, because there is no trace in the online public files. Atleast, not that I can find.
True story unvision was sued and so was raul i can't remember the amount but i want to say it was 700k after that live calls were really restricted, and the delay was enforced. I think we have kept it at what av20 second delay. Talk about all the training that followed for all of the staff.

True story unvision was sued and so was raul i can't remember the amount but i want to say it was 700k after that live calls were really restricted, and the delay was enforced. I think we have kept it at what av20 second delay. Talk about all the training that followed for all of the staff.
Univision did not buy HBC until 2002, and Bryndis moved Houston about a decade prior to that, in 1992.

Under HBC KBRG became a Recuerdo Network affiliate and did not carry Bryndis.

The original KBRG was an Entercom station and in a set of hops moved frequencies and the original channel is now KITS.

In other Univision Houston news, I understand that longtime Director of Engineering Tom Daniels has recently retired. Daniels was responsible for advancing Channel 45 and 67 from NTSC analog television to digital, and most recently from ATSC 1.0 to 3.0, representing the next generation of television. I wish Tom all the best as he transitions from this broadcast milestone into retirement. I presume the Assistant Director of Technology at Univision's Houston operations, Marty Scruggs, will be promoted to Director of Technology and fill Daniels' shoes, taking Univision into the future.

Back
Top Bottom