• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rankin Bass Santa Claus question

This is indirectly related to the discussion on the National TV forum about seeing old Christmas shows remastered. One of the posts is about missing scenes in Rudolph.
My question is about the 1970 Rankin-Bass Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, which was always my favorite of the Rankin-Bass shows. I suspect I saw it when it originally aired in 1970 (I was in fourth grade) but obviously I don't remember for sure. I am wondering if there were a few brief scenes in the original airing that have disappeared. I bought the special on VHS in the 1990s, and it has all the scenes that are usually edited out, including "My World is Beginning Today," both complete versions of "First Toymakers" and "Sit on my Lap Today."
The reason I ask is that in 2008 I purchased a a new oversized children's book published by Running Press Publishers, adapted from the script by Sierra Harriman. There were two details in it that caught my attention: The little girl and boy Kris meets when he arrives are named Annette and Andy. The Sombertown Dungeon was built like a fort with a courtyard in the center, and it is in the center courtyard that the reindeer land to rescue Kris and company. (f you look this special up on Wikipedia, you will see this information there. I was the one who put it there!). I don't know if these items were in the original script but not the program, if they were in the 1970 program but were cut and are long lost, or if they are the imagination of the author.
Do any of you remember these details?
P.S. I've always thought that "Put One Foot in Front of the Other" is the second best Christmas special song ever, after "Christmas Time is Here."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom