• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio Station In Alaska EXPANDS LOCAL Programming

With a staff of 1 1/2 in such a small, remote community its tough to sometimes do what I want, but my goal since coming to KSKO has been to offer as much local content/information and short or long form programming as I can.. and today we hit a goal!

It's been a desire for over a year to add locally hosted hours to our NPR station but for a number of reasons, we havent been able to, until now. KSKO has had a morning show from 8 to 9am playing country music, chocked full of information. Today, we expanded that to 2 hours, starting at 7am. Our statewide news, weather, local PSAs/messages can be expanded and more local content will eventually be added in the form of a birthday/anniversary club and probably some short form live, local interviews instead of recording them and airing them later.

We've also added an hour in the afternoon which had gone from 12 to 4pm, it now goes to 5pm. Those 5 hours are usually oldies/rock/classic hits type music.

We've been on the air 42 years and under my watch, I aim to make us "just a little bit different and unique" while being as local as I can

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom