• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Race Taylor

J

Joylovepulse967

After joining Entercom Classic Hits 101.1 WCBS-FM New York for middays this summer, Race Taylor is now also voicetracking middays at 98.7 KLUV Dallas. Prior to coming to New York in 1999, Taylor served as APD/afternoon host at “Mix 102.9” KDMX Dallas.

From radiounsight

Interesting. Looks like a lot of time has been spent on the KLUV website. Look at the profiles on the on-air team. I did notice Jim Zippo is on 12-5A. Haven't thought about him in years since he was briefly in Nashville in the 80s.
By the way, has anyone listened to Race on WCBS-FM? Thoughts? I have not had time to tune in.

Entercom, like any other business is trying to save money. They don't have to hire another personality to cover the 10 AM - 2 PM shift.

It’s ironic that Race Taylor got laid off because his station flipped to K-Love. Now he’s going to be on KLUV

This is nothing new for Race. He was tracking a daily shift for a Cumulus station in Cincinnati when he was at WPLJ.

This is nothing new for Race. He was tracking a daily shift for a Cumulus station in Cincinnati when he was at WPLJ.

At least according to their website and Race's Twitter, he still does. (WRRM "Warm 98.5" to be specific.)

Anyway, Race does sound very good on CBS, unsurprisingly.

Is Race Taylor attracting former WPLJ listeners to WCBS-FM? From 10 AM - 3 PM most people have the radio on as background music. Does it matter much who is the personality at that time?

From 10 AM - 3 PM most people have the radio on as background music. Does it matter much who is the personality at that time?

Yes. Don’t underestimate how tough entertaining one portion of your audience while being background to another is. A bad midday jock can destroy a radio station.

I agree. The handful of times I've listened to CBS-FM at work, Race sounds great.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom