• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

R Kelly Found Guilty

He's not really broadcasting (except he gets played on radio), but this is a pretty big deal:
He's a slimeball that really believed just because he had a lot of money, he was untouchable. I'm sure there are other's just like him still in the country, but hopefully this conviction allows victims of sex trafficking and exploitation to feel safer about stepping up and saying something.

Radio it's a sound salvation. Radio is sweeping cross the nation.
Elvis Costello

I don't listen to much urban radio, and only occasionally to CHR. Has R. Kelly's music been played all through this controversy and trial, or has he been "canceled" by most stations? And will he no longer be heard on radio now that he's been convicted?

I don't listen to much urban radio, and only occasionally to CHR. Has R. Kelly's music been played all through this controversy and trial, or has he been "canceled" by most stations? And will he no longer be heard on radio now that he's been convicted?
Can't speak for every station across the nation, let alone the world, but when he got picked up and accused of horrific actions, capped off by a really bad Gayle King interview, his music disappeared from the airwaves.
About all you'll hear of his music now, is contained in clips and soundbites reminding radio and TV listeners/viewers about who R Kelly was prior to the conviction yesterday.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom