• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Question regarding an expired broadcasting license

I happened to notice something on the FCC's website that seems peculiar..
In the interest of fairness to the station involved, I'd rather not give too much info since I'm not trying to cause them any trouble..don't even know them
except for hearing the station before. I am not associated with this station or
the owners in any way. It is not in my market.

This station, which is currently on the air and broadcasting, should have had
its license renewal filed and completed during the first quarter of 2004.
The FCC site shows them as licensed. Then, looking closer, it says license expir date: 2/01/04.

Could this station face penalties for continuing to broadcast or did it just fall through the cracks somehow? <P ID="signature">______________
Proudly remembering the days of the hometown "country giant" radio stations now at
http://www.live365.com/stations/alanmccall</P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by radioboy on 10/02/05 03:32 AM.</FONT></P>

1. It fell through the cracks.

2. The renewal has been filed, but is held up for one reason or another, sometimes real dumb stuff:

E.G. Last year the FCC created new versions of forms to include multiple-ownership info under the new rules that applied only to Arbitron markets. THEN they turn around an required anyone with pending apps to amend those apps to include this new info (even if it wasn't relevant). Without, of course, telling those folks that they needed to refile. I got caught in this trap, as did several hundred other folks, including some big chain owners.

3. The station never filed for renewal.

You can go to the CDBS database, enter the call, and see what has been filed.

Re: Thanks for the info! (NFM)

> 1. It fell through the cracks.
>
> 2. The renewal has been filed, but is held up for one reason
> or another, sometimes real dumb stuff:
>
> E.G. Last year the FCC created new versions of forms to
> include multiple-ownership info under the new rules that
> applied only to Arbitron markets. THEN they turn around an
> required anyone with pending apps to amend those apps to
> include this new info (even if it wasn't relevant). Without,
> of course, telling those folks that they needed to refile.
> I got caught in this trap, as did several hundred other
> folks, including some big chain owners.
>
> 3. The station never filed for renewal.
>
> You can go to the CDBS database, enter the call, and see
> what has been filed.
>
<P ID="signature">______________
Proudly remembering the days of the hometown "country giant" radio stations now at
http://www.live365.com/stations/alanmccall</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom