• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Q99-7 Afternoon Drive Change

For I guess a couple of years, Q99-7 had a 2-person afternoon drive show, Jade & Moe (from The Bert Show). Two-person PM drive shows on CHR stations appeared to be gaining traction, with Crystal & Maxwell (Z100, New York) and Bex & Buster (Q102, Philadelphia).

When I've listened to Q99-7 in the afternoon recently, I noticed that Jade was doing the show by herself. And the Q99-7 website confirms that she is now solo in the daypart. Moe does remain on The Bert Show.

I don't know whether research, ratings or something else was behind the change.

For I guess a couple of years, Q99-7 had a 2-person afternoon drive show, Jade & Moe (from The Bert Show). Two-person PM drive shows on CHR stations appeared to be gaining traction, with Crystal & Maxwell (Z100, New York) and Bex & Buster (Q102, Philadelphia).

When I've listened to Q99-7 in the afternoon recently, I noticed that Jade was doing the show by herself. And the Q99-7 website confirms that she is now solo in the daypart. Moe does remain on The Bert Show.

I don't know whether research, ratings or something else was behind the change.

I have to imagine the afternoon show is voicetracked.

mornings and afternoons would be burning the candle at both ends and leave you no time for anything except to s^%$t, eat and sleep.

mornings and afternoons would be burning the candle at both ends and leave you no time for anything except to s^%$t, eat and sleep.

Keep in mind the 'cast' of the Bert Show is 12 people. I see that Jade is no longer among the regular morning cast members.

However, I know some traffic reporters who lived that schedule, working both morning and afternoon drive. Some also sold spots during the time in between.

Keep in mind the 'cast' of the Bert Show is 12 people. I see that Jade is no longer among the regular morning cast members.

However, I know some traffic reporters who lived that schedule, working both morning and afternoon drive. Some also sold spots during the time in between.

yeah, but two major day parts, by the same person.. thats a bit taxing.. no matter how you slice it.

Hal Jay did it in Dallas for a few years

Hal Jay did it in Dallas for a few years

The famous one was Tom Joyner, who flew from Dallas to Chicago every day. So it wasn't just

Frank Ski also works mornings on KISS in Atlanta and afternoons at WHUR in DC.

Jade was never part of the morning show. Her now former co-host Moe Mitchell was.

Frank Ski also works mornings on KISS in Atlanta and afternoons at WHUR in DC.
It's the same show syndicated with some local elements created for DC.

Jade was never on The Bert Show. I'm quite sure her afternoon drive show is live. She does some weekend shifts that are likely voice tracked.

Back
Top Bottom